wow, I want a turbo that does this!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Most I've ever seen out of a full race prepped 2J running on gasoline is 1,400 and change.

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
Sound Performance put down 1380RWHP at CHI2k6 w/ thier MKIV.... Unless by gasoline you mean pump gas and not race gas.

1380RWHP x 15% drivetran loss = 1587HP (Which technically isn't 1600hp :3d_frown: )

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
it bugs me when the ricers around here say they're upgrading to a stage so-and-so turbo or intercooler...wouldn't stages change between countries, companies, and even products?

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
i have no clue with anything about hondas or any of our domestic cars, but i always hear guys with civics talking about when they save up enough money theyre going stage 5-7 turbo, stage 3-4 racing clutch, or the different stages of intercoolers, brakes, umm weight conversion, im just naming shit of the top of my head that ive heard....i find it ridiculious.

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
Got Boost? said:
Gran Turismo much?

i thought of this...i had a guy with a regular 99 civic, non vtec i believe its the d16 or some shit? well he wanted to do a H22 swap, which is cool i guess, but then he tells me the supercharger he wants is 4k and the weight reduction process that he will have to do for this swap will cost him almost 40k buuuut thats not all, then he will have to pull a tranny off a SiR an use it which will basically cost him another 3k he says...when he told me all this that was my first though, fast and furious + gran turismo=know it all ricers....ive had ppl go as far to tell me that they had "cousins" and "uncles" in japan that have shops and send them rare parts and im like man, where does it end honestly?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
tea_mkIII said:
i...ive had ppl go as far to tell me that they had "cousins" and "uncles" in japan that have shops and send them rare parts and im like man, where does it end honestly?

It doesn't. A few years ago, before I bought my Supra, I had a NA 300zx (Z31). It was nice for what it was, but I sold it because I've wanted a Supra since '86.

Anyway, I sold it to a local kid that is a friend of my neighbors kid, so I see him all the time. He stopped by when I was building my 7MGTE and he gave me the list of different stuff, by stages, that he was going to do to the Z31, and then would go on about how he was going to smoke me. I dunno, it just annoyed the shit out of me.

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
i seperate myself from "ricers". the thing that annoys me the most are these lowered s10s with 20 in rims with "vortex" engines, and theyre like, old car, id dominate you. that annoys me worse then any ricer ever.