wont engage into gear

mk3concepts

1j on the way!
Apr 2, 2006
Bay Area, Une Town
so me and my friend were on the freeway..i was shifting from 3rd to forth at probably 5000rpm and ounce i stepped on the clutch to go to 4th the clutch pedal stayed down..so we pulled over..and i grabbed the pedal with my hand and pulled it back up..i pumped the clutch pedal a few times and it regained pressure..but too much pressure??? i have to step pretty hard just to start the car..also when i got the car to start..i could not get it into gear..even if i stepped on the clutch pedal hard..it feels tooo stiff..my friend says its the slave cylinder..any suggestions on how to fix this??

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
i would just replace the master and the slave unless they are newer aisin parts. that just maintenance if you ask me.

Axis 7m

May 24, 2008
Taxachusetts
Yea there is either low fluid or air in the system. Check the fluid level and the condition of the fluid. Try bleeding the slave cylinder.

sushi

Sep 21, 2008
Pottstown, PA
I had the problem with the pedal resting on the floor, but it wouldn't get pressure back by pumping it. I had to vent the clutch lines and it came back to normal.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Prolly blew a seal in the slave cylinder. Lift the car up, and clean the slave cylinder off of road debris. Then pump the clutch while your under there ( have a friend do that) and check for leaks and or drips. Then pull the dust boot and check for oil in there. That would be a dead give away the seals are bad, and you need to replace the parts. Check your lines for cracks too. It has happened to me before too on my old car, replaced the slave cylinder, and was fine.

Orangeracer

SUPRA LOVER
Sep 12, 2008
Harford County, MD
buy new master and slave and stainless one peace line from drift motion. it makes a world of difference and then you don't have to worry about it braking when you race a mustang or Fonda. but temp could prob add fluid and bleed it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
no no no no NO

You broke the snap ring on the central hub. Once you pulled the pedal back up and then hit it again it will grind the clutch fork into the pressure plate.

This is caused by not assembling the throwout bearing/hub assembly correctly causing the snap ring to machine the lip off the hub.

Pull your inspection plates on the bellhousing and I bet that's what you'll see...

mk3concepts

1j on the way!
Apr 2, 2006
Bay Area, Une Town
Poodles;1144443 said:
no no no no NO

You broke the snap ring on the central hub. Once you pulled the pedal back up and then hit it again it will grind the clutch fork into the pressure plate.

This is caused by not assembling the throwout bearing/hub assembly correctly causing the snap ring to machine the lip off the hub.

Pull your inspection plates on the bellhousing and I bet that's what you'll see...

oh man..i hope not..i had a shop replace my clutch like 3 weeks ago..i brought it back to the same shop..they said i snapped something inside the transmission..

and like the other ppl were saying about the slave cylinder..thats what my friends keep telling me..

thanks!

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
yeah mark...check the slave as well as the snap ring . easy to check either of them. I was like wtf Mark calling me at 1:00am for lol....good thing I was still awake lol

mk3concepts

1j on the way!
Apr 2, 2006
Bay Area, Une Town
suprastanger507mgte;1144711 said:
yeah mark...check the slave as well as the snap ring . easy to check either of them. I was like wtf Mark calling me at 1:00am for lol....good thing I was still awake lol

haha yah thanks god you were awake..i called krish first haha..but man..it sux..i just got the car back too

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
mk3concepts;1144778 said:
i hope so..which means i dont have pay anything cause they gotta fix it hahahaha

Oh trust me... I just pray they're NOTHING like the shop that did mine and fucked it up 4 times to the point I just did it myself the last time...