Wish me luck

glntom

Apr 13, 2005
Glenwood, AR
I'm heading to a court ordered auction in middle of nowhere arkansas tomorrow, a 1995 supra is going as well as a large number of guns, and some shop equipment as well as the property on which they are located. Hopefully the supra is in decent condition and I can pick it up for a reasonable price. Then all I will need is a mkI........(and I spotted one this week under a lean-to shed here in town)

Last edited:

glntom

Apr 13, 2005
Glenwood, AR
s0ulstar said:
N/A or TT? modded? got any info on the car? possibly a vin for a carfax? i can run it for you, just pm me

GOOD LUCK nonetheless

It is reportedly a TT(unmodified) approx. 140,000 miles, one of the foreclosing bank's board members said it was listed as turbo on the banks paperwork, but I couldn't get the VIN.( he said the owner was selling good drugs at the time of its purchase,and bought it w/all availible options for his wife to drive)
I'll show up early and check the car out, if its NA I won't be willing to spend as much.
I'm counting on the forcasted sleet being present and keeping other bidders at home........and that most of the people attending won't be impressed by a 12 year old toyota with a inline 6

Last edited:

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
glntom said:
he said the owner was selling good drugs at the time of its purchase,and bought it w/all availible options for his wife to drive

See, that right there would make me afraid to buy that car. What if he wrote the VIN # down and then hunts down the new owner to get it back?? :aigo:

Hehe, that's just me, good luck to you though! And NA or TT, it doesn't matter, especially if you get it at auction price.

glntom

Apr 13, 2005
Glenwood, AR
bad day, 7 hours at the auction,rained all day, supra sold last.
Guns went for more than you could buy them new for, Supra was NA w/targa, I got out of the bidding when the feeding frenzy began. The auction was due to divorce and the wife wanted the car, she bid it way up since she only had to come up with 1/2 the sale price to keep it. She paid 9100.00
But I did see a burned wheelbarrow go for 20.00.........people will go nuts at an auction

There was supposed to be a 69 Camaro and some sbc engines/parts there too, but somehow they came up missing........

Last edited: