Wiring Question

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
Finally pulled out my 7mgte w/ tranny. when i was looking that the wiring harness and comparing it to the diagrams i got off 1jzgte.us i realized that while most wires match up not all of them do. My question is for those of you who have encountered this problem have u still used these diagrams? for those wires that are different colors are they the same wire that the diagrams show just a different color because of the variation from year to year? I believe my car is a earlier 89 supra because i have the square mounts.
i appreciate the help guys ill try and have some pics up soon.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
o yea by the way the tranny that came outta my car is for sale. its a R154. nothing is wrong with it im just gettin a lower mileage one in my front clip so im gonna use that instead. only thing is the shifter got bend when i was pullin the motor and tranny out. so ur gonna need a new shifter. pics will come soon

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
89s are weird.. they have pre 89 connectors and post 89 connectors.. you'll just have to match the connectors up.. the colors MIGHT be different.. I dont remember from when I rewired my buddys harness.. 1jzgte.us is all i used.. works perfect.. cept his oil pressure.. i dont remember what i did with that wire.. doh