Wiring help

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
ok guys im starting to make preparations to do my wiring for the 1j. what i plan on doing is taking the male end connectors needed off the 7mgte harness and taking the female end connectors needed off the 1jzgte front clip and making a jumper harness so i dont have to hack up my 1j harness. i took all the connectors i could use off the 7m harness but im having trouble finding MA71 alternator connector D and the Hydraulic Fan Thermistor F. does any one have a pic of these connectors so i can identify them on my harness. also for MA71 connector C1 im not sure if i got the right connector.... some assistance would be greatly appriciated.

also for connector B3 could anyone tell me what the white and red and white and green wires are for? i have those wires instead of the red wire and Blue and yellow wire. (Second Pic)

First pic is of the connector i think is C1. all wires match up to what is shown on diagrams from 1jzgte.us except one wire is not there (white wire)

all the information im refering to is from the diagrams off of 1jzgte.us

My car is a 89 turbo supra

Attachments

• IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Ma71 Alt connector D is on the chassis harness, not the engine harness. The hydraulic fan thermistor is on the 1jz chassis harness.

For wiring the fusebox, I suggest the method outlined in this link:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36020

This saves you the trouble of having to cut off the thermistor plug.

Connector C1 is the one which goes from the engine harness to the chassis harness near the fusebox. If you use the method above, you won't even have to mess with this connector. The entire loom containing it is simply replaced with the 1jz equivalent EA2.

Dunno about the wires on B3, i'll have to look at my car tomorrow. I know they're all ABS though.

Having an 89 is tough, it's a crossover year for the wiring so that's why your finding some things don't quite match up.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
JonoTurbo said:
Ma71 Alt connector D is on the chassis harness, not the engine harness. The hydraulic fan thermistor is on the 1jz chassis harness.

For wiring the fusebox, I suggest the method outlined in this link:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36020

This saves you the trouble of having to cut off the thermistor plug.

Connector C1 is the one which goes from the engine harness to the chassis harness near the fusebox. If you use the method above, you won't even have to mess with this connector. The entire loom containing it is simply replaced with the 1jz equivalent EA2.

Dunno about the wires on B3, i'll have to look at my car tomorrow. I know they're all ABS though.

Having an 89 is tough, it's a crossover year for the wiring so that's why your finding some things don't quite match up.

wow that looks much more simple then messing with the connectors. So instead of doing all that just change the fusebox and all i'd have to do is splice in the 3 alternator wires into the EA2 connector? Yea im starting to notice that the 89's are kinda sketchy..... sucks for me... i really appriciate the help guys any more would be greatly appiciated!