Whothehell puts a head gasket on the wrong side? *PICS*

Mikel

Jun 22, 2007
T-Town, AZ
Apparently the moron i bought mine from. After i got it towed home and started filling with oil, oil was pouring out the side of the head from the forward most oil passage to the block. I figured he bent it or messed up the gasket or something somehow.

Lo and behold i get the head off last night, the extra tabs on the gasket that are supposed to seal around those oil passages are ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE MOTOR! It was also flipped front to back. :wtf:

I seriously want to know what went through this guys head "why are these extra holes here on the gasket? they look exactly like the holes in the block on the other side, but i'll put it on this way anyway" :lol: ridiculous!

Shitty camera phone pics:

p656577_1.jpg

p656577_2.jpg

Mikel

Jun 22, 2007
T-Town, AZ
Figured i would bring it over to SM to give you guys a laugh!

The SF mk3 section has become laughable at best over the past few years...

Intake side goes back on tonight maybe i'll fire it up, i don't like to rush anything.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
When I put mine in it was very obvious which way it went. Still I looked at it maybe 15 times to be totally certain it was on correct. Theres no excuse for putting it on backwards.

The over hanging bolt holes in the gasket should be a very obvious clue.

evilone

they call me Tatter Salad
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
Mikel said:
It was a Fel-Pro gasket, so it would have needed to come out anyway, but jeez!

just wondering whats wrong with the felpro? a buddy of mine has been useing on in his 88 NA for the past 3 years with no problems.other that that , that is just too damn funny.definitly need closer pics.