who has upgraded cams?

car2

Jan 31, 2006
las cruces, NM
I am trying to find out if anybody has tried upgrading cams on the 7m. I want to buy a set and I was wondering if you guys could maybe tell me all of the possible upgrades you have heared of. I am not a big fan of regrinds but the only company I have heared of that makes new ones is TODA.
I would really like to know if anyone has tested some out. what kind of changes did you notice? let me know fellas.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Wade Cams .351"/9mm lift 280 degrees duration 226@50thou Custom hard face welded and ground to my specs.

If I were to do it again I'd go a bit more duration and lift as the 7M is quite forgiving and would still have good manners.

It makes nice power to about 7000 then depending on boost will taper off to 8000 (high boost/30+psi the Turbo runs out of puff but if I keep it to 24psi it pulls all the way to the limiter)

car2

Jan 31, 2006
las cruces, NM
wade cams huh? I'll check them out. looks like we are running the same short block other than the crankshaft. I don't know how the power band might differ in pump gas vs. what you are running but I would sure like to know what kind of difference you noticed from your head upgrades. (don't know if you had any base lines.) keep me posted on your car's final numbers (horsepower/ET/ 60ft). looks like you really have your shit together and have done some research (well matched turbo/ 3mm HG/ oversized valves) my setup will be similar to yours.

keep the suggestions coming guys.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Changing to a 2mm HKS Stopper after losing the Cometic at 30 psi ;)

I should have it back together in the next few weeks and will do another power run onces it's settled in.

I thought I'd seen your avatar pic of a Pauter Rod!!!