white exhaust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien_88

Jun 7, 2006
maple ridge,BC
hey, my car has been sitting for over a year, i start it once and a while. i noticed today that my exhaust was really white, and it was smoking pretty good, i also noticed that there was a little bubbling sound coming out of my exhaust. could this be from sitting and having old gas? or water in the intake? it sounded like water bubbling. i hope its nothing serious:nono:

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
yes it could be from sitting and old gas.
Could be from quite a few things.
Will it still be sitting for quite a while or will you be runiing it?
At the least get some good gas in there.

Damien_88

Jun 7, 2006
maple ridge,BC
it ran great when i bought it, when i was driving it home from buying it the top seam on the radiator split, i over heated and called a tow truck. i took the thermostat out, it was hooped and i just patched the rad, but it still leakes when pressure builds up. it still runs good, but its smoking pretty bad and it looks like there is a lot of moisture in the exhaust, also it stalls a lot when i go hard on the gas and let off.

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
I dont like to jump to conclusions, but since the car did overheat you need to do some testing.
1- check engine codes
2- do you have any oil in your coolant? open the oil filler cap and look at the inside of he cap, is there any coolant in your oil?
3- do you have antifreeze in the coolant system? if so does the smoke cooming from the exhaust smell kinda sweet?

If you ansered yest to 2 or 3 go to napa and get a block tester, it will test the coolant and see if there is any exhaust gas present. If there is you have a BHG.

Let us know

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
in the diagnostic block under the hood, grap a paper clip and put it in the sopts labled te1 and e1. then put the key in the ingition and turn it to the run position and watch the check engine light.

it should blink. if its steady theres no codes. but it its somthing like blink blink

blink blink blink blink, then thats one of your codes. write them down and come back with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.