White E36 M3

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
So I was heading to a friends place last night when I ran into one of the cleanest E36's I've seen in a long time. I havn't done much racing lately as I havn't really had the chance to drive the supe much. So I'm kind of itching for a good run. We pull up to the light and both exchange friendly nods. The light turns green and we both take off as if it's just another day, and then he gets on it, so I follow. 1st gear and were neck and neck. Both our intakes are screaming even though the sound of his exhaust did a good job of drowning them out. 2nd gear he starts to pull, I start getting real aquainted with the rear of his car, by the time third comes around, he's got a good two car lengths on me. We shut it down at about 85.

I meet him a the next light over and we exchange thumbs ups before I make a right and head on my way. I wasn't too dissapointed as he seemed a like a pretty cool guy and had one hell of a car.

Not completely sure about his mods, but he at the very least was running a full exhaust and intake. The supes just got a blitz intake on it for now, so basically stock.

Before the night was over, I managed to kill a GSR and a v6 mustang. Though I gotta say I would have rather gotten beaten by that m3 again cause man tha was a fun run. :naughty:

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
well not bad for bone stock, I was just wondering cuz on my auto with the few mods I have I can smoke those M3's fairly easily, from a roll its no contest. Good run since you're intake only. When I first did mods I had a K&N FIPK and it helped a lil but as soon as you Downpipe, high flow cat (or test pipe), and cat back system it will really open you up. Once ya have exhaust you can get a boost controller and that is like night and day.

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
definitely looking forward to an exhaust and downpipe. Just wish the cash would flow in a bit sooner... It was funny, I've beaten stock M3's from a roll as well, but this thing was just a whole different beast.

It pulled almost as hard as a friend of mines modded 300zx twin turbo. I'm guessing this thing was pushing at least 320 hp.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
E36 M3s are rated at 240hp. My brothers 97 3.2L with intake and exhaust dynoed 210whp. They are quite fast from 1st to 3rd gear but run out of steam in 4th.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Well you win some you loose some. Its okay though, no shame in loosing to an M3. But also something to remember is that M3's weren't designed to be quarter mile monsters. They are made to handle well with sufficient power.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I like M3's actually, good cars and lot of potentiol if you invest some dough. The new M3 coupe is offered in Twin Turbo trim the new 07's or so I hear from thier commercials and speed channel shit. That would be cool to see, since m3 owners have been custom turboing them for years now.

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I think I know exactly what you're talking about. It's not an m3 from what I remember but BMW's new 335i. It's one of their new high performance gt's.

Turbo M3's are pretty wicked cars. In the UK their are a couple tuning companies offering 1000rwhp packages. If I find one of the sites again I'll post it. Pretty cool stuff. If I were to own another car at this point it would probably be an m3. Sure would make a pretty awesome road race car.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
hey aren't they putting in a V8 in the new M3???? I thought i saw something about that in one of the magazines..... Good story to read, a few mods and you will be all over him. :icon_bigg

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Hmm a V8 M3? That would be nice but I am not sure BMW would do that because a V8 M3 would be just as fast or at least almost so, as an M5. And if people could get M5 performance for M3 pricing that would be bad for M5 sales. Also it would be close to the M6 as well. I guess the good folks at BMW AG would win either way but still.... I'd definitely be interested..

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
^^The M5 has a V10 in a much larger chassis. Of course the M3 will be faster, it's a sports Coupe, not a sports Sedan.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
New M3 will be a V8 ~ 450hp. New 335is is 330hp twin turbo I6.

The M3 is really the ultimate driving machine. It's an excellent handling car. Only thing is the motor is a bit too weak and not quite as reliable as a toyota motor. Stuff a 2jz in there and have the best of all worlds..... reliability, handling, and power.

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
haha, yeah I doubt anyone could resist with all that trunk space in such a fast car. : )

You know that was a fun movie, definitely kept me entertained, but man do I hate driving audis. Could someone please tell them to get some steering wheel feedback in that car somewhere, they've got just about everything else in it...it's like playing a video game or something. The "S" models are no better either.