Where do you go for your electronic needs?

Your preferred store for your techology toys/electronics?

• Total voters

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Basically, I'm summing it down to Best Buy and Circuit Shity...er..oops, did I say that? :biglaugh:

As of yesterday, Brandon (Turbo.Targa.Life) now works at Circuit City while I'm also an employee of Best Buy...and as weird as it sounds...
Before working there, I liked both stores...but because they are our #1 competitor, after a few months, I absolutely $!#@ing hate them!!!!! :runaway:

So anyways, basically, who is better? Me or Brandon? :D:D:D:D

Vote Now, ladies.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Other,
Tigerdirect, I watch Woot.com, and use Pricewatch.com
NewEgg.com used to be good, but recently I have had problems with them.
I dont buy things in stores anymore, I dont enjoy paying marked up prices.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
newegg.com for almost everything. sometimes I use eBay, but not too often because everyone overcharges on shipping to make up for eBay/PayPal fees. MonarchComputer (http://www.monarchcomputer.com) has a poor interface, but is generally a good online store as well. I usually stay away from real stores unless I need something quick or they have something good for sale, usually OfficeMax or Staples, sometimes Circuit City. I stay away from Best Buy for the most part because their prices generally suck. I used to go to Circuit City more when they had really good mail-in rebates.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
How bout this?

FUCK BEST BUY

They treat their employees like SHIT, they treat their customers like SHIT, their prices are no better than Circuits, their HR doesn't fucking care about their employees, only how much money they can put in their pockets.

FUCK BEST BUY!

You may not see it now as an employee, but once you are no longer employed, by your will or theirs you will understand.

Ask any of the older people who worked their and got fired because they were old. That's right, there's a fucking law suit about it. They're also being sued because their service plan fucking sucks.

one last time before I resign.

FUCK BEST BUY.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Justin said:
PLACE GARBAGE HERE.

Well said.

I keep forgetting that each Best Buy store is ran by robots...Oh, no, that's right, they ARE actual people. Sounds like you've had a bad experience, had an issue, or simply just f*cking sucked as an employee. Plain and Simple. I LOVE my job. I get paid well. Hell, I'm getting ready to get paid $1,000 just because the store is doing good. All the managers are tits, everybody is cool as hell, again, I get paid well, a very FUN and upgoing environment, we get CRAZY discounts, and all of the veterans and older folks that work there are a kick and a hell of a time to be around. Again, sounds like you were in a fucking complete asshat of a store with a bunch of douchebags, because ALL of my managers are cool as hell, down to earth and treat you like family. I'm sorry but you just cannot beat the Superbowl Sunday's where we get to wear Football jerseys, and wear Jeans, tennis shoes on the weekends, Friday and Saturday they pay for FREE Pizza that is delivered to our store every two hours of the day....Having movie nights where we kick it and pull an overnighter, play poker, rent out gyms and have basketball/dodgeball tourney's and more free food. It is outright a fucking awesome job...
How much better does it get to a $450 2-way COMPLETE Car security system for $117.00? You obviously were in a sucky ass store there, Justin.

And to throw it out there, our Service Plans DONT suck, we DO take care of our customers and if shit happens, we do what's needed. Simple as fucking that.

Jeff