Whats YOUR favorite Pink Floyd Song?

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
well i figured i wanted to make these threads once a month about bands that were mighty once before, and get some general feel for some people with their classic rock music. (well the floyd is technically psychedelic rock so yeah lol)
So i ask, whats your favorite Pink Floyd Song? Why? Do you like it rhythmically, or lyrically? What led you to listen to this favorite song of yours?
As always, ill post up mine later cause i wanna hear from you guys 1st.
-Thomas

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
"On the Run" and "Time" on the Dark Side of the Moon...actually the entire album is great.

"Shine on you Crazy Diamond" on Wish You Were Here

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Mine is Time... such a great song. Rhythmically it matches the lyrical flow which makes it great, and the way the guitar is wailed on through with the B pentatonic minor scale just makes it a complete solid song. Heh glad to see there are a lot of Floyd Fans on here.

materchan

Mar 31, 2006
bay area
High Hopes. the curch bells in the begining remind me of a small German town that i've stayed at with family friends. it reminds me of how calm and chill everything is over there.

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict, Astronomy domine, Careful with that ax Eugene, Set the controls for the heart of the sun, A saucerful of secrets. You Guy's are lightweights.

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
atom heart mother. i have the whole album in one mp3 file, so technically it's one song. pluss you really cant differentiate between songs anyway, they all flow together seamlessly.