What's up everyone!

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Hey all,
New here so i'm just saying hi. I own 2 '87 supras. One is a 7M NA and the other is a targa w/1jz-gte swapped in!! I just picked up my 1j last week and am in the process of building it as we speak. Nothing to crazy yet but i hope to have a drift platform for next season. I'll see ya'll later!!

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah, actually i've been trying to find some other people tryin to drift their supra's. I don't know anyone in my region that does, all the events usually just have 240's, AE86's and skylines. Anyone have experience drifting their supras that they wanna share?

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah i've heard that the largest problem is the fact that the car is just so heavy? From your experience what did you find you had trouble with. maintaining the drift, and keeping the angle i'd imagine. I haven't had that much experience getin my last supra sideways seeing as it was a 7M and just didn't have enough power, and the fact that i had subs in it...lol

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Uhh it is mainly hard for me because I am NA lol. But also that the suspension was not stiff enough even though I have coilovers.

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah, thats the thing i think is the main issue. Because the car is so heavy it takes a really stiff suspension to keep it from rolling to much. The trick i think once i get to lightening the car will be to take out all the upper weight and try to lower the CG.