what kind of exhaust system

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
I like my APEXi exhaust, came with the car and is pretty straight (was prepping for a GTE that never went in... yet)

It flows nice, looks great.

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
I think that the best way to go when it comes to exhuast is just have a custom one built. From my own experience and from what I have heard from others a custom exhaust usually cost less and usually have the same or better quality as exhuast you buy from alot of companies. I had mine built and it is wonderful. It is one of the things I am most proud of on my car!!

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
TRACKMKIII said:
I think that the best way to go when it comes to exhuast is just have a custom one built. From my own experience and from what I have heard from others a custom exhaust usually cost less and usually have the same or better quality as exhuast you buy from alot of companies. I had mine built and it is wonderful. It is one of the things I am most proud of on my car!!
What is your setup? Do you have any pics/sound clips of it?

-Matt

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
I'm fairly pleased with my Pacesetter, cost me right at 200 bucks. It sounded really good and was fairly quiet until I put a test pipe on it, now I occasionally set off car alarms. :naughty:

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
I have a custom setup 2.5" cat back to a flowmaster with a crome single 4in tip. I paid around $300 for everything
Its sounds really beefy and has no problems setting off car alarms:naughty:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
a friend has an apex n1 style exhaust with 3 inch piping on his subaru 2.5rs. in my opinion it doesnt sound too good, but i think that's just the subaru engine.

ive been giving serious thought to a blitz nur-spec exhaust, they look and sound great.

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
used to have custom made full straight pipe w/ an uber huge resonator in the middle, nothing else. sounded nice. a little loud @ high rpms tho...

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I had a HKS Sport Exhaust.
I liked it. It didn't make a lot of noise. Had a little rumble.
Definately not the one if you're looking to get attention.
I've got a HKS 85mm turbo exhaust. Its very noisy.