what is....

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
this sandwich adapter that everyone keeps speaking of. Shaeff has said it, and so have others. Give part numbers, photos, venders.....anything. Lets have some pricing and things here :p I want one, as I don't really wanna pay the price for the b&m thermostat ($200 bucks)

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
sorry shaeff, you didn't answer my question... What about the SANDWITCH ADAPTER.... an adapter that goes between the relocation kit and the block with a thermostat built in. Thats what I'm looking for.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
oh, haha. my bad. i was in a hurry. here ya go:

these are all sandwich adaptors:

edit: you'd want one that relocates the filter. :)

double edit: i'll look for one with a built in thermostat for ya...

triple edit: here's one, but it doesnt look like it relocates the filter:
http://store.summitracing.com/defau...earchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

quadrouple edit: it looks like if you want a thermostat, you'll have to get one that's NOT part of the sandwich adaptor. all of the sandwich adaptors that have a thermostat in them DONT appear to relocate the filter. :( sorry, i tried. perhaps you'll have better luck in your search! also, for my future setup, i'll be running a B&M thermostat, much like IJ's. :)

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...earchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

for you to do it (assuming you're turbo) you'll need to remove the stock oil filter mount and replace it with the screw on stud from an N/A motor. (pretty inexpensive at the dealer.) then the sandwich adaptor goes on there, and the lines run out to the oil filter, or cooler or however you plumb it.

:)

-shaeff

Last edited:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
here was the setup I was thinking of....yes, I'm turbo.

I have the N/A filter stud. I want to screw a thermostat sandwich adapter onto it, and then screw a filter relocation base onto that.... would this work?

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Gixxer, you might run into a clearance issue stacking that many things on the block. Just adding a sandwich adaptor under a stock filter makes it almost impossible to remove the filter without removing the lower IC pipe off the turbo. What we did was run a remote filter block, and then run a B&M thermostatic control valve, which we loated near the filter behind the fog light. The valve does the same thing as a thermostatic sandwich adapter, but lets you place it wherever you want to.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
well, if a sandwich adapter and an actual filter will fit, but you have to remove the lower IC pipe....

The one listed on the site above this post is 1 5/16" thick...that with a filter relocation adapter stacked on it would be about 2.5 inches thick total away from the block, correct?

So the general opinion is that it won't work?

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
because this whole time, I thought the B&m setup for the T-stat was $200 or so, but I was wrong. Its really like $60....lol

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I've got one on the way, should be in tomorrow...

That cooler I showed you is crap btw....It just came in....its A/N fittings, but the inlet and outlet holes are like 3/8's....not 3/4's like advertised. I hope nobody else buys one. I'm going to demand my money back and go B&M on the cooler also.