What is a reputable place to buy a 1JZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
eBay. Just google the names of the sellers.

Stay away from tigerjapanese.

Zerolift is good.

Usually every importer is going to have a bad comment here and there. All the time tho I'd stay away.

Think I got mine from jdmenginecorp or something like that. Had very low miles or the oil was changed very often cause it looked brand new. Tho not every motor will look like that.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
hvyman;1880523 said:
eBay. Just google the names of the sellers.

Stay away from tigerjapanese.

Zerolift is good.

Usually every importer is going to have a bad comment here and there. All the time tho I'd stay away.

Think I got mine from jdmenginecorp or something like that. Had very low miles or the oil was changed very often cause it looked brand new. Tho not every motor will look like that.

I didn't see this yesterday, ill post some links to motors after work and see what's up. I need to get moving on this swap

that1guy

Oct 5, 2011
Lansing MI.
http://www.torontojdm.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=4619&category_id=80

For a little over 1200 you can get the harness and ECU. You just have to call. I have bought several engines from this guy. They took good care of me every time. Good customer service too. I ordered a b16b from here once, it came with a cracked valve cover. He shipped a new one to me no cost to me at all, and no questions asked. I sent him a pic, and it was in my hands in a few days.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
I 2nd ebay! That's where I got mine and it was fine. As long as the engine was pulled out of a Japanese vehicle then it should have low miles and be pretty safe.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
I'll chime in here since I got my 1jz from Ebay.

I got mine from jdmenginescorp like hvyman, mine was extremely clean just like hvyman described! Heres a few pics of my 1jz as it looked when the delivery driver droppped it off and i had unwrapped it from all the plastic wrap they put around it. My particular engine had very nice condition cam lobes and the bottom end looked like it had been rebuilt maybe? Some of the rods had a signature or rebuild mark on them that neither me nor my friends had ever seen before (friend that could read Japanese said it was initials on each rod). My 1j did come with a bad ECU though, which took me a while to figure out since I was new to 1j's but I think the stock ECU going/being bad is just a hit or a miss.

Heres a link to the post of the pics I took of mine when it arrived.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ad-*no-56k!*&p=1824804&viewfull=1#post1824804

Either way, even though jdmenginescorp was the first place ive ever gotten an imported engine from. They kept me happy throughout the process and kept me well informed on shipping. Engine also arrived completely unharmed; they used southwestern engine transport (or something like that) to ship to here in Houston. And I would not hesitate getting another engine from them if I needed one.

Hopefully this helps ya a little bit.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
steven89;1880869 said:
I'll chime in here since I got my 1jz from Ebay.

I got mine from jdmenginescorp like hvyman, mine was extremely clean just like hvyman described! Heres a few pics of my 1jz as it looked when the delivery driver droppped it off and i had unwrapped it from all the plastic wrap they put around it. My particular engine had very nice condition cam lobes and the bottom end looked like it had been rebuilt maybe? Some of the rods had a signature or rebuild mark on them that neither me nor my friends had ever seen before (friend that could read Japanese said it was initials on each rod). My 1j did come with a bad ECU though, which took me a while to figure out since I was new to 1j's but I think the stock ECU going/being bad is just a hit or a miss.

Heres a link to the post of the pics I took of mine when it arrived.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ad-*no-56k!*&p=1824804&viewfull=1#post1824804

Either way, even though jdmenginescorp was the first place ive ever gotten an imported engine from. They kept me happy throughout the process and kept me well informed on shipping. Engine also arrived completely unharmed; they used southwestern engine transport (or something like that) to ship to here in Houston. And I would not hesitate getting another engine from them if I needed one.

Hopefully this helps ya a little bit.

I will check them out. Out of curiosity did they replace the bad ECU with a good one?

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
DOUBL3 D;1880904 said:
I will check them out. Out of curiosity did they replace the bad ECU with a good one?

I didn't even try to have them replace it as I didn't think they would. Also I didnt really know that the ECU was bad until the engine was in the car and running; which was about a week after I got the engine.

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
DOUBL3 D;1881263 said:
I gotcha, as soon as my girlfriend sells her car we will get the swap in motion!

let me know if you are interested on my 1.5jz swap. its in a 1989 supra turbo. just needs to be wired up. i want 2k for it.. there are alot of extra parts.. iam a member on club lexus i have way more posts there. your choice of r154 trans or auto . i have a 1jz in sc300.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
I've read both good and bad reviews on Zerolift when I researched them earlier this year. I absolutely hate TigerJapanese from first hand experience back in 2009.

Does anyone have any input on the company Japandirectjapanese? I was considering them back in the spring before I found something from a private party.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
OneJArpus;1910880 said:
I got mine from Aaron @ driftmotion years ago with a 5sp, full swap with hydro with shipping i paid something like 2300 or something like that

I paid 1700 shipped for a complete Soarer motor. Harness is untouched and the motor is clean so I didn't mind paying a little extra

Status
Not open for further replies.