what gas do i use??

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
best you can get and have it TUNED for that...

then throw in race gas and up the boost on the dyno and see what it will really do if you're adventurous...

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
^^^ Not completely accurate ;)

87 Octane (as measured in the US) minimum is required...91 Octane is recommended for improved performance. All octane will do for you is help prevent detonation, it will not increase HP. In fact, 91 Octane contains less energy equivalent per gallon...any additional HP you get from running higher octane is from being able to increase boost without detonation (and the knock sensors pulling timing on you).

With a good tune, you can get 400+ HP easily on 91 pump gas.

Here's the gas I would use:
http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
jdub said:
All octane will do for you is help prevent detonation, it will not increase HP. In fact, 91 Octane contains less energy equivalent per gallon...any additional HP you get from running higher octane is from being able to increase boost without detonation (and the knock sensors pulling timing on you).

100%

if you run more octane than required, you LOSE hp.

you only want to run as much octane as the motor needs. sure, for a safety margin you can go over that, but at the expense of power.

people that feel a difference using higher octane gas have a good imagination or the car wasnt tuned properly.

by no means am i saying go run 30psi on 87 octane. you have to be smart about it, and know what the car likes.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
I'vve always run 91 in the Supra. Of course, I've advance the timing :D

jdub is right, as usual. Increasing octane only prevents knocking. Lower octane fuel burns faster, higher octane slower. Slower burning fuel decreases possibility of knocking (detonation, pinging, etc.)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
we have 93 around here...

That's all the supra gets as well, in the summer the car is DEFINATELY down on power on those 100+ days...

it's a small price to pay for making sure the motor doesn't kill itself IMHO...

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Poodles said:
we have 93 around here...

That's all the supra gets as well, in the summer the car is DEFINATELY down on power on those 100+ days...

it's a small price to pay for making sure the motor doesn't kill itself IMHO...
x2