What BOV should i go with

92-supra

May 5, 2009
Houston
I was in a bad wrech and my 240 was totoled out and while i was in the hospital my Family bought me a 92 supra stock 7mgte and sadly auto long story short finally got her to start and she has compressor surge i was reading and most likely i will need to get a recirculating bov due to the fact the 7mgte dose not like a standerd bov that vents to the atmosphere any help would be great:icon_bigg

92-supra

May 5, 2009
Houston
So still going to get the stalling even though its a auto?

Sorry im a noobie when it comes to a turbo and automatic car

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
92-supra;1320627 said:
So still going to get the stalling even though its a auto?

Sorry im a noobie when it comes to a turbo and automatic car

Hmm...now that's a good question. I don't know if the stalling OR the popping is a problem with autos. I've only been around 5 spd's.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that both issues will be there. Maybe some auto guys will chime in...

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
search adjusters posts on the bypass valve. It serves a purpose. I ran a vented for a few days and will gladly keep my baileys recirculated valve ($$$) for the low end throttle response...

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
CajunKenny;1320671 said:
Hmm...now that's a good question. I don't know if the stalling OR the popping is a problem with autos. I've only been around 5 spd's.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that both issues will be there. Maybe some auto guys will chime in...

Im auto and i vent, ive only ever stalled once and i had a boost leak when it happend. I havent stalled since, occasionally youll see the RPMS drop as if its going to but it quickly climbs back up. I do get frequent pops out the exhaust (watch little kids duck in cover)

Hope that helps
~JDMMA70

92-supra

May 5, 2009
Houston
what kind of bov do you use and what all am i going to need to do to the old one to get this to work right on the 7MGTE

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Grim's on the money. It's best to recirculate.

Converting to speed density will take care of the popping and stalling though.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ no that has nothing to do with a BOV or bypass valve. Seriously guys do some research before changing what the car was designed to do. Sure it will survive or operate FINE, but at least understand what it is your affecting and why its being affected.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Nope. It's still metering the air that you'd be venting.

The lex/550 combo just raises fuel cut. The lex flows 25% more air and the 550's provide 25% more fuel. It works well!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
ERA;1320722 said:
F, lol. Whatever.
Failing - The one thing I don't fail @.

No failing. You asked a question and got an answer. Two actually... ;)
Nothing wrong with that. More folks on here should follow your lead! :)