Turbo to N/A swap ?

BoostLess7mge

JDM owns me...
Aug 29, 2005
Chicago
i am in the process of swapping an n/a motor into my turbo shell so i have something to drive for the next few weeks until my other 89 is back from the bodyshop. it was to my knowledge that as long as i have a motor with cooresponding ecu and wire harness, i should be in good shape. of course little things like having to change the gauge cluster to make the tach work, throttle cable, etc etc have to be done... everything is just about done and i went to plug in the ECU, ABS and trans computer and noticed that some of the plugs are different. all plugs mate perfectly into the 3 ECU's, but there are a few other plugs that are left unplugged that don't mate up to anything. everything, except those few plugs, is hooked up. when i go to start the car it wont even attempt to crank over, could those few plugs be my problem? any other suggestions would be great! im sure ive left out some important details so i apologize...

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
was the harness an auto harness? if you have extra plugs down by the transmission then it is... you have to jumper the park/neutral safety switch, even if you are using an m/t ecu.

BoostLess7mge

JDM owns me...
Aug 29, 2005
Chicago
fiyota said:
was the harness an auto harness? if you have extra plugs down by the transmission then it is... you have to jumper the park/neutral safety switch, even if you are using an m/t ecu.

both cars are auto so yes it is an auto harness. bypassing the neutral safety switch doesnt apply to me then right "fitoyota" ?? anybody else have ideas, or is this swap just not possible... thanks!

BoostLess7mge

JDM owns me...
Aug 29, 2005
Chicago
gtsfirefighter said:
^^^^Anything's possible. Did you swap out the resistor pack?

i did a search for "resistor pack" and if im looking at the right thing then yes i swapped that over too. the only thing that is funny still are the few plugs that dont mate up right, in the glove box area, where the ECU plugs in.

BoostLess7mge

JDM owns me...
Aug 29, 2005
Chicago
im taking it that no one has ever done a swap from a pre-89.5 to a post 89.5 car that has a different wiring harness... theres no way i can splice wires by the glovebox area to make it work? any info will be greatly appreciated.