TPS SENSOR IS BROKEN!

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
i just found out that my tps sensor is broken on my 1j, (apparently i got it like that). what i need to know is where can i get another one and is the 2jz tps sensor the same and the 1j? and if so does it matter if its a ge or gte?
thanks

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
I was told a 2JZ sensor would work. Went and pulled it off a car at a junk yard. It spins the wrong way haha.

I ended up ripping mine apart and fixing it. Don't judge me, im a poor college student!

Johnysupra

Rhenerie
Nov 7, 2007
Michigan
rhenerie.spaces.live.com
Freshmaker said:
I was told a 2JZ sensor would work. Went and pulled it off a car at a junk yard. It spins the wrong way haha.

If this is true,on the 2JZ theres two TPS sensors one for Throttle one for ETCS they are the same sensor but one turn clockwise and the other is Conterclockwise. They even use the same plug. Give me a part number and ill check friday if i can remember. I will sell the ETCS one as i am not going to use it.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
Correction!! sorry guys the tps sensor is not broken apparently the housing that the TPS screws into which then screws into the throttle body is broken. the sensor itselft appears to be fine. i just need that housing. ill get some pics up soon of it if u still dont know what im talkin about of if i have the wrong sensor

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
sm_photo_missing.jpg

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
as i was inspecting the housing i noticed that it can be unscrewed from the throttle body and i was looking at pics of the 2j housing and it looks like it can work on the 1j.would a 2j throttle body work on a 1j? also i was thinking of JB welding it temporarly until i could source the right part..... any other suggestions?

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
the 2j tb does have a little separate peice behind the tps.i can't say if you could use it though.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
its worth a shot...... im gonna call th dealership today to see if they even sell that part seperate from the throttle body. if not i'll try to jb weld it until i can get another one...