Tokyo Auto Salon --cool stuff--- Supra Related

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's pretty sick. I wish I could see a close up of the engine bay................:love:

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
it should but ten to one, just as they mention the Car is old school Retro Cool I would be willing to bet so is the Engine. Never Developed and probably from the 80's

a little thing about Japanese Culture that i thought was fun, taken from the same site

" In the “most automotive-obsessed country” contest, America boasts ten-car garages, Italy more prancing horse key chains per capita than crosses, but Japan, where even grandmothers install aftermarket wheels and stereos, takes the prize. Few countries have a higher percentage of new vehicles on the road. Thanks to a $2500 inspection every two years of non-new cars, there is much incentive to buy new. As a result, flavor here comes not with age or patina but personalization. Anything with wheels is ripe for modification, from sports cars to vans, scooters to Harleys, 660cc city cars to freight trucks. "

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
another little exert

"Many good things come in small packages

Owning a city car, also called a Kei car, in Japan has distinct advantages: They are allowed up to 660cc engines and thus are fuel efficient, they’re limited to 3.25 feet in width and 7.5 feet in length, so are small and easier to park, and the government makes them vastly less expensive to register and inspect than larger cars. As a result, most automakers make one or several models and you can get just about anything in Kei form: vans, cabriolets, sports coupes, dump trucks, AWD, twin-charged rally machines, and rock crawlers. Unsurprisingly, people modify the snot out of them.

Perhaps because of the demise of the Japanese supercar (the Supra, RX-7, and Skyline all ceased production around the same time), there was for the first time an abundance of Porsches and BMWs on display, as well as Japanese tuners directing their parts towards this market. The EVO remains a popular candidate for every imaginable performance and aesthetic enhancement, with not as many competing Subaru STIs stationed around the show as in years past. The drifting phenomenon, whose initial surge in the United States is ebbing slightly, remains a hot ticket in Japan, and competitor’s cars were constantly mobbed.

Nobody does specific engine output like the Japanese, stock or modified, and absurd horsepower figures were spread thick through the show. Over 300 horsepower, from naturally aspirated four-cylinder engines was not uncommon (yes, their pump gas has a higher octane rating than ours), and there was a bevy of inline and V-6s with forced induction approaching the millennium horsepower mark, all without the help of nitrous oxide."

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
thats the shiznit

1222007155036.jpg

thought i would throw this in too it's a 847HP car From Phoenix Power SPL for those who know who they are

123200784936.jpg

Sorry for the little off topic but this has to be for DASOUP

1232007919.jpg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
jmanbball said:
Pretty crappy numbers though, only 800 hp and 500flbs of torque. Its got 2x's as many cylinders and +2.0l of displacement, it should make more torque
the turbos they're using aren't that big and can only flow so much air. what were you expecting?

when I'm rich, I'll have one of these shoehorned into my car. It's like 2 1Js fused together. Lucky the engine already has a name cuz '2'J would already be taken. :dunno:

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I have pics of the Top Secret Supe... Engine bay and all...

Give me some time to find them and upload...

(Being at work is FTL)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
5 liter V12s pistons are about the size of a coke can (in circumference)

while it's a neat little novelty to have a V12 Supra, I really dont think it's worth the effort IMO