Tinted Tail lights and resprayed bumper

drivinginstyle

May 6, 2006
Bellingham, WA
Okay, what do you think?
I tinted tails with VHT Nite-shades found at most Carquest Stores. I clear coated it. And I think it turned out pretty well. Everyone is different, but for '87 tails, I think they look better. If you want to tint your lights, I learned to spray clear coat on the lens first, because some times the plastic makes the tint dry funny, but that also may be due to the fact I was working in crappy weather.

The bumper. It all was painted out of a spray can. I got the paint at www.paintscratch.com
For a first time paint job on a bumper, it turned out pretty good. Make sure you prep well, and don't run short on paint! Haha
I need to buff out the bumper. Oh, and I found a new third brake light, what do ya think?

Before

Before2

Tinted Tails

New Third Brake light, and repainted bumper

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
looks very good i be debating about tinitng my tail but the coppers don't like it but i may just end uo doing ti any way

good good

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
looks good man

i tinted my turn signals up front, but i used a tint spray looks good but one too many coats LOL. still did a clear coat over it though.

Your tint job is making me think hard again about doing my tails. The cops hate it here. But it looks so sweet. Maybe just a light tint :)

not trying to jack your thread man but i thought i would throw these in there as well

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=177413&postcount=9

Obsessionw/Boost

Sep 28, 2006
Albany, NY
the new tinted tails look great bro, im thinking about tinting mine now, i really want to tint my turn signals up front also.. i might swing by carquest and pick up some vht. the 3rd brake light looks far better than the old one..

drivinginstyle

May 6, 2006
Bellingham, WA
Thanks guys. Yeah, that third brake light I just ran across on a supra in a junk yard in canada. I also saw it on newer (mid 90's) corollas... If that helps anyone out.

bobiseverywhere-
Thanks for those turn sig. pics, I was thinking about doing mine! Sweet! They look good, how many coats you put on?

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
I think it looks awesome, you might consider a full blackout across the rear:
p417329_1.jpg