Throw out bearing hub assembly?

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
What is the correct way to do it with the way the washer are supposed to go and everything? I looked threw the TSRM but its pretty confusing, cant see much and doesnt explain anything.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
Ok, first you put the throw out bearing through the press. plate then you put then you put the plate washer and wave washer on top ( this faces the transmission) then a snap ring holds it together. Next lay the hub facing up and put the cone shaped washer then the flat washer on that. Then place the pressure plate on top and push down on it while you put the snap ring in and it should be done. I looked at the TSRM and it is a little cofusing but I went to toyota and asked them to print a blow up of it and it helped a lot.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
89turbosupra said:
Ok, first you put the throw out bearing through the press. plate then you put then you put the plate washer and wave washer on top ( this faces the transmission) then a snap ring holds it together. Next lay the hub facing up and put the cone shaped washer then the flat washer on that. Then place the pressure plate on top and push down on it while you put the snap ring in and it should be done. I looked at the TSRM and it is a little cofusing but I went to toyota and asked them to print a blow up of it and it helped a lot.

Wait it seriously goes cone washer then flat washer then throw out bearing then snap ring? That just sounds really odd to me but if thats what the TSRM says. What way does the cone washer face?

Can anyone else vouch for this?

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
You werent kidding.

p487287_1.gif

Just need to know which way the cone washer(thrust spring washer) faces.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
the top of the cone faces the hub and the wider part touches the flat washer. I dont know if you got the parts already but if you try to put it together the other way It wont look right.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
89turbosupra said:
the top of the cone faces the hub and the wider part touches the flat washer. I dont know if you got the parts already but if you try to put it together the other way It wont look right.

Yea actually I did. Its all special order stuff and from the time i ordered it to the time i picked it up it was under 24hrs. Yea I suppose that it would look really weird if it was backwards.