Theiving Bastards

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I was awoken about an hour ago to someone from one of the flats opposite me, asking if i had been doing anything to my car. When i said no, they siad 'well it's been open all morning'

This is what i found:

theft1.png

theft2.png

theft3.png

The bastards have nicked all the tools that were in the boot, the stereo, the piston set that was in there, my bottles of T-Cut.....they've been through the glove box, taken my CD's - they've even looked in the ashtray and coin holder for anything :(

Police are next to useless - they gave me a "crime reference number" - that was it. Insurance was TPFT so i may get nothing out of it.

Now i'm unemployed as well, i haven't got enough money to replace the pistons and rings i bought, so i now cant do the rebuild i was looking forward to. Does anyone want a shell with a knackered engine? It's got TEIN HR's on it still, HKS T16 elbow back exhaust and a set of 17" alloys.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Well i've just been on the phone to the insurance....and they'll cover the damage to the locks, and upto £100 of the personal items that were in the boot, but that doesnt cover the cost of a new set of 20 thou pistons, which is all i'm concerned about at the moment. Said i'd get a quote from some 'other' garages, so i might try Steve at silverline to give me a quote, see if the insurance people allow it, rather pay him to do it than some muppet in a kwik fit halloween costume...

Have done very little work to the car on the road, but after talking to my friend claire, she's had something similar happen to a few cars down her road - so it might be a 'new crew in town' going around and nicking anything of value.

I'm seriously giving thought to getting rid of this thing, it's becoming more and more of a burden to me, the tax is due next month, i have no off-street parking and its still not driveable.

I'd love to be able to get it back up and running, but i have no more funds left - i've spent out almost every last penny on getting the parts, only to have them stolen by some scumbag ar5ehole.....

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not sure if insurance is different across the pond, but renter's or homeowner's insurance policies typically cover items stolen from your car.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Nowhere to store all the tools in the house, and the supe has side pockets for holding them - they were in there, ie, not obvious.

Secondly what would anyone do with a set of pistons for a supra, unless they had one themselves??? Stereo i can understand, and maybe CD's to an extent, but Pistons?!

Was called by the police and got off the phone about 10 mins ago, they're sending forensics around maybe today, as mine wasn't the only one in the area broken into - one guy who lives down derwent road had his door crowbarred to get into it, another woman had her peugeot stolen, seems like they worked their way up the road just taking anything of value...

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Still waiting for Forensics to turn up, but it might be tomorrow now...at least they'll be able to get fingerprints off the glove box and the boot lid. They left behind an expensive looking pair of Ray-Ban's as well, so they cant be the smartest thieves in the world....

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Kai said:
Nowhere to store all the tools in the house, and the supe has side pockets for holding them - they were in there, ie, not obvious.

Secondly what would anyone do with a set of pistons for a supra, unless they had one themselves??? Stereo i can understand, and maybe CD's to an extent, but Pistons?!
Just because they don't have a supe doesn't mean they can't find somewhere to sell off parts (ebay).
I do hope you get your stuff back.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
let's all donate to get him a new set of rings and pistons. ive got 7$ usd in paypal waiting.

5$ wont hurt! help a fellow supramaniac.

whats your paypal address so i can send you some $?