The thing I hate the most about supras/my supra is.......

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
Hey everyone. Ok here is the deal. I love my car to death and I wouldnt get rid of my Supra for the world but I, as im sure as all of you, have at least one thing you hate about your car or the Supra in general. lets hear what you all hate about the car you love

to start off with I'm doing a tranny swap from the 4 speed automatic to the 5 speed, and i have to say I without a doubt hate the top bolt on the transmission little japanese people getting back at us for WWII lol.

Last edited:

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Wiring. After 16+ years the grounds are bad, the connectors are brittle, and the wires are corroded. When I first got my car I spent more time chasing shorts and bad grounds than anything else.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
My last one had this annoying problem of not starting at all when it was hot, then starting right up the next morning.

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
shenronzero;1029188 said:
Hey everyone. Ok here is the deal. I love my car to death and I wouldnt get rid of my Supra for the world but I, as im sure as all of you, have at least one thing you hate about your car or the Supra in general. lets hear what you all hate about the car you love

to start off with I'm doing a tranny swap from the 4 speed automatic to the 5 speed, and i have to say I without a doubt hate the top bolt on the transmission little japanese people getting back at us for WWII lol.

ya i hate that one too.
i hate that the targa has to be screwed on and the lake there of after market body parts

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
shenronzero;1029188 said:

Put a jack (even a scissor jack) under the crank pulley with a block of wood (about a foot long 2x4 works well) and jack the front end of the motor up. The rear will dip downwards and make it much easier to get to those bolts.
theWeezL;1029226 said:
My last one had this annoying problem of not starting at all when it was hot, then starting right up the next morning.

Probably bad starter contacts, mine did that too until I replaced them.

I would probably have to say that my biggest complaint is my suspension. It's about the only part of the car that has an issue right now (knock wood). It's just worn out after 16 years and 100K miles.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
The fact that it's unlikely I'll ever be 100% satisfied with the way it is. And the compounding fear of what I will do with myself in my spare time if I'm ever satisfied with it.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
Nocheez;1029239 said:
I would probably have to say that my biggest complaint is my suspension. It's about the only part of the car that has an issue right now (knock wood). It's just worn out after 16 years and 100K miles.

+1, my stock suspension is definitely slacking. lots of body roll in corners, and the 4x4 stance (especially in the front) is pretty ugly.

i love my supra tho!!

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
benchwarmer;1029209 said:
Wiring. After 16+ years the grounds are bad, the connectors are brittle, and the wires are corroded. When I first got my car I spent more time chasing shorts and bad grounds than anything else.

EXACTLY! Cruise control comes and goes, the climate control is possessed, the lighter has officially checked out..and the bad CPS connector may prevent the car from starting!