The Lowe's boost controller works!

randandrawson@v

Sep 6, 2008
NC
OH MY GOD! Now I GET IT!!
I've been de-bugging this basket case supra for weeks now:
Fixed the idle surge, got the timing advance squared away, cleaned the injectors, fuel screen, etc. Got rid of the automatic, freshened up the rear and got it to stop, fixed up the harness, etc,
Did the PVC hardpipe mods with a better IC.
It had a 3" exhaust on it, and I threw away the elbow and made a divorced downpipe for it (that was a bitch)

Still seemed slow, and way to much lag.

So I cobbled together one of the "lowe's special" ball and spring deals, and a bypass valve, so I can return to "stock" values if needed.

Shimmed the WG a little, and HOT DAMN!!

The first run I was way to tight, bounced the boost guage off the peg, damn that was close. Fucking lucky. Have no idea what it spiked at, but I about shit!
My brave wife volunteered to ride shotgun and eye-ball the boost gauge for dial in (it's not mounted yet, so she's holding it in her lap!). Glad I married an adrenaline freak!
Dialed it down to 12 PSI, stock fuel system (12v mod and a tweak here and there), have not found fuel cut yet. Think some compressor surge between shifts, maybe 12psi calls for a bigger BOV.

This thing will kill my works big block Dodge, and it's no slouch!

Im glad I yanked the automatic, as with stock boost it was killing me in the twisties (Im in NC by deals gap, there are no straight roads here) with the pull it's got now, it's a bitch keeping it under control with the clutch!
YEEEEEAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!!! This thing is great!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
When it spiked real high, you didn't hit fuel cut?
Maybe it didn't spike as high as you were thinking it did, hopefully nothing is hurt.

Good luck with the rest of your upgrades.