Tail light fitment?

kelner

May 17, 2006
GA
I have a 86.5 supra and have had a hole in my driver rear tail light since purchase. I had placed a small bit of aquarium adhesive over it with a small piece of plastic I had scratched up. It held up for awhile and was a little ugly, but it kept moisture and water out.

I have a bit of extra pocket money and I was looking around for a set of 86.5 style taillights but I came across a good deal on a set of "MA70 MKIII KOUKI JZA70" (I don't know what all that means really haha) taillights that are from the later model supra.

The lights are listed as 88-92 only, but I have heard of other's w/ my style tail lights replacing the lights and middle section with the later model tails. Anyone know if these will work?

Pic for reference:
2zp5zdi.jpg

I tried searching but didn't find an exact answer. Plus I want to be sure these will work for me.

Thanks
-Kelner

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
they work, they plug and play only thing you need to do is bend the bracket for the lock cylinder, and drill 2 small holes for the center panel's trim pieces...

you'll see it when you get to it, it's about a 2 hour job if you have no idea what you're doing...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They need to come with the light holders, and you'll have to wire in the rear side markers (as they didn't have them in Japan)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Oh yeah, only North American Supras have rear side markers...

If you can find a set of USDM bulb holders, you can keep your rear side markers, or if you wanna source some JDM trim, you can delete the rear markers all together..