Supra vs Corvette C4 ???

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
I am from Greece but I live in Germany 6 months a year.Anyway,I have a 90'
silver Supra turbo euro spec (almost same as a USDM supra).I don't do street
racing much,but I heard some BS on a Greek topic that a stock mk3 is to old and to slow for the year 2006! (In Europe,mk3 supra was sold mostly in Germany and some other countries like England,France,Holland...the Supra as a car never came in Greece it came only on performance magazines and photo papers!!!).
So,a lie came on the Greek forum that a silver mk3 was killed by a stock vette
C4 ,Corvettes are also very rare in Greece.I am the only silver mk3 supra that
rides near the beach free way which is a freeway that gathers fast cars for some
race action,and I do now the other 5-6 mk3 supra owners in Athens... and no one has a silver one,so it's all about me! I have never raced a C4, even in
Germany...
My point is : is there a chance for me to lose from a stock C4?
My mk3 is about 400 rwhp...maybe more,haven't finished the tuning session
yet,while I have ordered a stand alone wideband unit from Innovate to tune
the ECU along with the S-AFC!:icon_conf :icon_razz :1zhelp:

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
A stock C4 makes less then that to the crank. Unless it's a ZR1.

Driver error or improper tuning would be your only holdback. I'm not assuming anything, i'm just stating possibilities.

Snotcycle

Jul 16, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
I have a 91 turbo with mods(in profile) and my buddy has a 355whp 425wtq 87 corvette.
After i am spooled he only just barely walks away, if i had 400hp i'd show his ass the time of day for sure

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
???? i kept up with a c4 vette hitting fuel cut into second and third and not brake boosting from te start. i tuned fuel cut out and i brake boosted off teh line and ran away from a LT1 camaro, witch is the same shit with diffrent exhaust manifolds. ull kill him.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
They also have sharp aggressive body lines, low nose and high trunk, Powerful front engine-Rear drive set-up, similar performance and fun to drive factors. They were competitors in their time. It's not like he's comparing a Supra to a Probe.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
themadhatter said:
there not ugly imo they look very simalar to a supra

I have brought this up before when talking to friends about them, but the C4 doesn't have the same lines. They are just so flat, if you look down the side of one there is nothing there. When you look down the side of a Supra, it at least has something there.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
At the strip the 95 C4 will run roughly a 13.7. The ZR-1 is about a 13.1. The older the C4...the slower it is. In the mid 80's they ran mid 14's. I dont see a 400 whp Supra having any problems with one.

JDM 1JZ

I hate Tires
Aug 31, 2005
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
my dads a corvette guy so i know a bit about these cars and regular c4's can barely even get out of there own way, the regular c5's are even kinda garbage. the only ones that are quick stock for the c4 body style is the ZR1 but your chances of running into one are slim to none because there more of a collectors item, and u'd know if it was one, they stick out like a sore thumb, the back ends a few inches wider because there factory flared to stuff 315's in the back from the factory. they do run a low 13 second time. there is another bad C4 out there but i cant rmemeber the name of it, it had 2 stripes down the passenger side fender and was a something sport, not super sport. but anyway that one had a decent amount of power and a high 13 second car. regular c4's barely break 250-300 hp and the 80's c4's dont even break 220. then you got the zo6's which are bad ass and so on

so basically you SHOULD have it with 400 hp aslong as its not a ZR1 i think, because you'd be suprised the power to weight and all the technologhy that makes the corvette move the way it does. against the supra. The zr1 corvette doesnt even have a GM motor in it, its a motor built but Lotus and Mercury Marine, look it up, the engine option in the car was 30,000 dollars ontop of the base sticker price of the car, but same goes for the z06's to, not about the motor because they are built by gm but the engine option is outrageous ontop of the sticker price

another fun fact is the zr1 was put on the market to compete with the toyota supra, tt fairlady, rx7 and all the japanese muscle cars

just take the 500 hp ford cobra R for example against a 400 hp 04 zo6, the zo6 is fater by like .4 seconds with a 100 and some change less hp simply because of the weight, and aerodynamics of the body and underbody, and a bunch of other factors that i dont feel like getting into about the tranny and drive line design

Last edited:

inline6

Whistle>Whine
Sep 22, 2005
SoCal
I've ran c4's before when I had a stock 1j and walked them.

I really dont see any way a stock c4 could touch you.