supra over heats could it be HG

ma70turbo

May 15, 2007
sacramento
my mk3 over heats after 20 minutes of driving or so, i don't know exactly what it is, if its a head gasket shouldn't the coolent look funny or the oil look watery or something, but i check everything looks fine, could it be my radiator cuz its old and all rusted but i don't know for sure any suggestion on what to check for, thanks.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
i had bhg without oily coolant but yeah do the radiator and other small things first before the hg or be like me and do it all at once while youre at it and not have to worry

SupraMan89

May 10, 2006
Ohio
www.cardomain.com
The fan clutch was my problem....i have an 89 na and it overheated after 20minutes of driving too....you just have to take out 4 bolts and put another fan clutch in...i put a turbo fan in mine....fixed it perfectly...thats probably your problem...

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
after the car has cooled down has it lost much water?its possible to blow a head gasket between bore and coolant port which pressurises the radiator and forces the water out the overflow bottle.just one of many reasons you could be overheating, did you check your thermostat first?

ma70turbo

May 15, 2007
sacramento
one more thing i forgot to mention radiator would be dry when cool down after overheating, lots of coolent flowing out of overflow could it be a HG