Strange things found while working on Supras.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Hi all, I have two instances so far while working on MKIII Supras that I found somthing weried, the first was a 14mm SnapOn wrench stuck between the starter and the bell housing on a 7M-GE in a junkyard, no picks of that one.

After the wrench on the starter, I figured ehh, once in a lifetime, but now I have found something else on a Supra that didn't belong so I'm posting up. I picked up a new daily driver, its a 87 NA Automatic. While crawling under it, I noticed a wood stick near the tail of the tranny. Sure enough it was a rubber mallet, stuck up there. I do not know how or why, but I assume the tranny was out of the car at some point.

So, has anyone ever found wired stuff like this before in any Supras? Thanks.

img1775n.jpg

img1779.jpg

supr88

turbo addict
May 15, 2007
calgary or vancouver
holy smokes I think billy-bob and his cousins worked on your car.
only weird thing I found in my car was when I first removed my dashboard to do the heater core there were some roaches under the center console!! I knew the car was smoked in, some burn marks on the seats. also found a few 8mm sockets in the rear right corner, as if someone was trying to replace the turn signal lens and kept dropping their sockets, then went and got another one dropped it.... funny stuff.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Chambers;1266201 said:
Hi all, I have two instances so far while working on MKIII Supras that I found somthing weried, the first was a 14mm SnapOn wrench stuck between the starter and the bell housing on a 7M-GE in a junkyard, no picks of that one.

LOL!

Hell- I thought ALL supra owners left a 14mm wrench back there- it's easier than trying to get it out,
only to have to get it back up there the next time you change starters or clutches...
:biglaugh:

supr88

turbo addict
May 15, 2007
calgary or vancouver
oh so now I get it, thats how some guys can do a start on a supra in 15 minutes, they already have a wrench installed back there where its hard to reach!

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
On my first car, i found a lighter jammed in by my shifter, and an old french fry between my center console and seat. And in my current car, i found some mail from the previous owner, dog hair, random receipts and a million pine needles in the trunk. I guess he had a christmas tree in the car?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
I ripped out all my carpet, and here are the treasures I found (Sonic mint was mine):
treasuresid3.jpg

Better find - Allen helped me change the valve cover seals (they like to leak!) and while we had the cover off, he checked the top of the engine carefully with a flashlight. He found a washer the size of a nickel tucked inside. And that speaks volumes about the engine rebuild that was done on my car!

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Not really strange persay but where i found it is. This buisness card was behind some of the trunk trim when i replacing the rear speakers.

p1266853_1.jpg

cmdeoro

VRROOOMMM!!!!!!.....PSSH!
Jan 21, 2009
Miami
I found a 17mm Matco socket when removing my engine. It actually fell on my foot when I was pulling the motor out.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i found some french fries, previous owners set of keys and a personal check under the drivers seat when i first got my car

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
Found a craftsman screw driver in the gas tank. huge mouse nest in the heater/air box. And a pair of green size M/4 thongs under the back seat.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
When I removed my rear seats to mock up my subwoofer set up I found probly 12 golf T's and another 6 under the spare tire (neither of which i dont think have been removed before). Plus even more scattered in other nooks and crannies. Maybe the first owner was a golfer?? hmm

Island_Yota

Aug 5, 2008
Vancouver Island
Found a brochure for a resort in mexico on the passenger side under dash cover(near the glove box). A keychain between the seat/carpet and about a dozen wiper blade fasteners in a bag under the drivers seat.. nothing exciting.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
ZoomZoomZoom;1266840 said:
I ripped out all my carpet, and here are the treasures I found (Sonic mint was mine):...

That reminds me, when I was installing new radio antenna wire I found about 10 - 16 feet of ethernet cable coiled up behind the passenger side kick panel. hehehe.

Crazy all the finding in our cars!

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
When I cleaned out my 84 SR5 I found little girls barets, candy, suckers, change, and a couple rust holes under the back seat. The Cressida had A CRAP TON of dog hair hiding under/in EVERYTHING, a parking pass to a hospital in Ohio, dog toys, dog treats, and alot of misc crap. My 85 GTS contained about $7 in change, a timing belt, some sockets and wrenchs and other small tools. Haven't ripped out the interior in the Supra yet to see what treasures it yields.