stock twins

BigPants

Apr 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
how much boost is cabable from the stock twins(safely and unsafely). also what was the most horsepower obtained with the stock twins? and is there anybody selling upgraded twins or single?

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
If I recall I heard they like to fail at anything over 14 or 15 psi, but I am not for sure. I'd say if you need a turbo for your 1jz just go ahead and go single now while you have a reason to. ;)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
^heresay. You can run higher boost if you wish. If the turbos die, they were gonna die anyway. I've seen turbos blow at stock boost and high boost. Some with lower miles, some higher. My turbos are fine, no smoke and these have seen over 20psi... not on purpose but still. I had another set of turbos and those were blow when I got them. bone stock engine...

Just know that they're probably gonna die eventually anyway, so get as much fun out of them while you can?:dunno: You're not getting past fuel cut without BCC, FCD, or another ECU. I know you have a stealth ECU. If you don't want it, I'll trade you back. :)

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i myself wouldnt run more than 14 or 15 psi on my stock twins.

They have a decent bid of oomph behind them at that pressure to keep someone satisfied untill single / bigger twins swap time comes around.

Thats my excuse anyway...