Still no start

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
Ok, so its turnng over and over but stillnot starting. Fuel pump is on and idk if te plu wirs are in the correct spot. what is the correct placement for that? An try to check if there are any codes but wen I do it, it just stays on whre the check ingine ligt does not go off. What elseshould I try

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Lienhop Photo;1517008 said:
idk if te plu wirs

Umm...

You want to know if the fuel pump wires are in the correct spot in the plug? Why wouldn't they be? In the same box as the TE1 connection, is one that says FP and one that says B+. Short them and see if the pump runs. Unplug it as soon as you here it, which should be right away.

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
Nick M;1517036 said:
Umm...

You want to know if the fuel pump wires are in the correct spot in the plug? Why wouldn't they be? In the same box as the TE1 connection, is one that says FP and one that says B+. Short them and see if the pump runs. Unplug it as soon as you here it, which should be right away.

I ment spark plug wires. im getting spark i just dont know what else it could be

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
plugs go from 6 to 1, 6 by the fire wall 1 is closest to front, it should say which plug goes to what part of the distributor on the distributor.

Richard2050

Feb 21, 2010
Seminole County
i have similar problems, ive done the key thing, i put a 1000 cold cranking amp battery. All it did was over heat my wires, checked all the fuses all good. Now I have to check the clutch switch, unwanted resistance in my wires short to ground or open connection. I can hear my fuel pump, but my starter. Before a huge spark uses to apear on the B+ i would just clean the connection and it would start... Other than the fuse block under the hood, were are the rest?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Richard2050;1518252 said:
i have similar problems, ive done the key thing, i put a 1000 cold cranking amp battery. All it did was over heat my wires, checked all the fuses all good. Now I have to check the clutch switch, unwanted resistance in my wires short to ground or open connection. I can hear my fuel pump, but my starter. Before a huge spark uses to apear on the B+ i would just clean the connection and it would start... Other than the fuse block under the hood, were are the rest?

As an electrical guy I could have a field day with much of that post but all I'll say is in-the-car fuses are located behind the driver's kick panel...