Still misfiring

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
the caps in my ecu blew causing my car to misfire like crazy, i got it fixed at full throttle in Queens NY and i plugged it up today and it started up just fine and i thought all was well the it started to misfire again. it wasnt nearly as bad as it was before, it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than it was before. its jsut a slight pop at idle, whn i rev it up it goes away. maybe it could be a fouled spark plug? im not sure, but when i pulled the plugs they looked good. i got the NGK iradium plugs in there right now. not sure what else it could be.....

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
i believe when i checked last they were fine but ill check again today. does anyone else think it could be plugs? just wanna get some more opinions before i go buy plugs

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
It could be your plugs if not coil packs. Try ngk 6097 and gap to .028. These plugs are cheap you know so money isn't wasted if it don't help. Personally, when I changed mine with 6097 my 1j revs all the way to red line without misfire.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
will the plugs be the same for a 2j? i actually dont know what plugs to get for my car once i dyno it expecting 550 hp :( i wanted to get the coppers too

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
#1StunnaVic;989475 said:
i believe when i checked last they were fine but ill check again today. does anyone else think it could be plugs? just wanna get some more opinions before i go buy plugs

Since you're using NGK iradium plugs, I'd check the plug wires 1st ;)

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
good news, i ws checking over the car and couldnt find anything wrong with it, so i took a suggestion from one of my auto teachers and he said to take the car for a solid drive and push it a bit and that should clear up and debris or anything like that which could be on the plugs. so i did as he said and it worked. car is running like a champ. still have that high idle but im gonna start looking for some more vacuum leaks cuz i cant think of anything else it could be.