Steering wheel question

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
Will a japanese 89 non-airbag steering wheel fit and be plug and play still in an '87? I know and have read the write up to get a US 89 non-airbag wheel to work since it has cruise control and horn buttons on it, but this japanese (it claims) one I found doesn't have the horn nor cruise control buttons on it.

69_1_b.JPG

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
It has the horn on it. It should work on a North American Supra. The only issue you'll have to deal with is the horn pin, but I *believe* you'll be able to take care of that very easily, from the diagrams I've looked at. Couple minutes at most.

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
Jeff Lange said:
It has the horn on it. It should work on a North American Supra. The only issue you'll have to deal with is the horn pin, but I *believe* you'll be able to take care of that very easily, from the diagrams I've looked at. Couple minutes at most.
Thanks, now I need to figure out what to do about the cruise buttons from my '87 wheel so I can still have cruise!

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
If you still want cruise just get a wheel with it. Saves the troubles of extending the wires and finding a place to put the buttons.

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
89 steering wheel>all. Looks much better without the cruise buttons, then again, does anyone here even use their cruise control? Mine got removed and junked long ago.

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
Dachande said:
89 steering wheel>all. Looks much better without the cruise buttons, then again, does anyone here even use their cruise control? Mine got removed and junked long ago.
I use cruise control all the time :)
Then again I live next to the highway, work next to the highway, and my school campus is quite near the highway. I take the highway a lot!