Star Wars!

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Well.. I'm not a "dresses up like Vader and goes to see the movie" Star Wars geek, but I have always liked Star Wars. I saw Episode III, and I have to say:
WOW! It really was awesome. I'm not going to throw out any spoilers, but I will say that it really does tie episodes 2 and 4 [Episode 4 - "A New Hope" is what people originally thought was the "First Star Wars"] all together.

Star Wars was the first PG movie that I ever saw in a theatre. I saw it when I was a child - maybe between 2 and 4 years old. It's one of the few moments from my early childhood that I can remember, and it was great.

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
I saw it last night, i liked it too. i have to watch #2 tho, haven't seen it. prob would help to watch #1 again as well.

in one of the quiet "sad" scenes my buddy whined really loud "YODA IS MY HERO" (not a spoiler, the sad part had nothing to do with yoda) and everyone in the theatre started laughing... pretty funny.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I saw episode III as well and it has to be one of the better ones. IMHO Episode II had to be the worst of the six, but it would help a little when it comes ot the plot of episode III. Overall, a really good movie (III).

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
drunk_medic said:
It's Natalie Portman, so I don't see anything particularly sexy or hot about her - but she's very pretty.

watch the movie "Closer' and youll see the hot and sexy side of natalie portman...wow :)

as for the movie...i didnt like it, it sucked..i was bored...i cant seem to get into star wars.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Johnny Dangerously said:
watch the movie "Closer' and youll see the hot and sexy side of natalie portman...wow :)

as for the movie...i didnt like it, it sucked..i was bored...i cant seem to get into star wars.

It's not for everyone. I think my affinity for it comes from my childhood. I think that IT is one of the reasons that I like some Sci-Fi. I don't like the cheesy stuff - Star Trek is just so amazingly boring to me. I love Star Wars, Alien, and Predator movies. Basically, the stuff that alot of money was dumped into it.

Haha.. thinking back to when I was a little kid and saw that - I remember that I thought it was a "life saver" instead of a light saber. :rofl:

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I went and saw it wednesday night at midnight :) I thought it was really good, better than the first 2, but don't think it had anything on 3-6. I think they did a really good job showing why Anakin turned to the darkside and his whole transformation, and the fight scenes were good as well but there should have been more with the wookies :(

And Natalie Portman is hot.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I just got done seeing it, and I liked it. The story was really well done. The visuals were breathtaking. And Anakin’s turn to the dark side couldn't have been done better. The only problem I found, and it was a very small one, was some of the dialog felt a little lifeless. But other than that it was an awesome movie. Two thumbs up.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Actually having Hayden Christensen in the Vader suit looked silly, and when he threw his hissy fit at the end, it was just silly. Hearing James Earl Jones saying the name Padme just sounded wrong.....and just when you thought you'd go the whole movie without seeing Jar-jar.

Also......(semi-spoiler)

why would the Death Star take 20+ years to build? The second one wasn't complete, but at least operational within a few years of the first one being destroyed.........

the original trilogy is so much better. Episode 1 is most definitely the worst of the 6.