Source for TEMS shocks?

Footbraker

Dec 13, 2008
NC
I'm having trouble sourcing locally Tokico or other TEMS compatible shocks. The dealer can order me some:aigo:, but haven't hit the Lotto yet. Any ideas or directions would be appreciated.

Footbraker

Dec 13, 2008
NC
My local dealer quoted me 225 each! I found some Tokicos locally but the dude said he wouldn't split his last set of four at 135 apiece. I just want to do the rear right now.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Canuckrz;1258257 said:
This is news to me, link to said shocks?

I'm looking for info on this also. Nothing on the Monroe website about them that I could find, but I could have missed it I guess.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I replaced mine with the Tokico Illumina 2's and eibach springs and st sway bars in a pack from suprastore.com / titansmotorsports.com about 2 years back, I love them and they work ith TEMS

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
doubters... at least according to the site. WITH TEMS is part number, but it also has the same part number without tems... so i would think that they could work with or without tems...

71214 for the fronts
71215 for the rears

i'll check the catalog at work tomorrow, and i'll even take pics of them if we have them in stock. that way you can see what they really are.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Rennat;1258500 said:
doubters... at least according to the site. WITH TEMS is part number, but it also has the same part number without tems... so i would think that they could work with or without tems...

71214 for the fronts
71215 for the rears

i'll check the catalog at work tomorrow, and i'll even take pics of them if we have them in stock. that way you can see what they really are.
I'm increasingly interested, seems WAY too good to be true though.

Just looked it up myself, you weren't kidding they're there. But whether its just an error or not remains to be seen.

This is the line of shock it's under: http://www.monroe.com/products/sensatrac_loadadjustshocks.asp

And this is a pic of the front drivers shock: http://catalog.monroe.com/monroe/productImageDisplay.do?product=71214&locale=en&catalog=MONROE

Unfortunately it seems to be an error because the non tems shock share the same parts number as the tems shock. Could be wrong but it seem to be the case

Last edited:

Footbraker

Dec 13, 2008
NC
My parts guy showed me the Monroe book listing and there's a foot note about having to disable the TEMS module for their shocks to work. I believe that's why the part number is the same for TEMS and non.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Yeah, nothing I read there indicates that they make a Sensatrak shock which will work with TEMS. The stock number being the same increases my doubts.