Soundproofing?

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
I am looking for something to soundproof my supra. My main focus is something to put behind the plastic panels as they seem to rattle.

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
I am looking for something I can stuff rather than glue or paint on. SOmething like the pink stuff they use in walls, but it whould not act like a sponge.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
daught;879071 said:
I am looking for something I can stuff rather than glue or paint on. SOmething like the pink stuff they use in walls, but it whould not act like a sponge.

Insulation? Are you sure you're not lamborosa? :nono:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
To fix squeaks and rattles, use adhesive foam tape (weatherstripping). If you are looking to soundproof the car (from outside noises) go for a good butyl sound deadening product (I used elemental designs edead - dynamat is overpriced and overrated)

p879509_1.jpg

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
It is 3 layers thick on the floor (it conforms extremely well)...Judging by the knock test, it is significantly better than the old sound deadening. As for when driving, the car is still disassembled, so no dice on that yet.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Wow. How thick are the layers before you apply them? Would you happen to know how well it repels heat? I'm glad this topic came about. I was about to go shopping for some shortly. I don't recall the brand I was going to go with a while ago but ill do some googling and see what I can come up with.

EDIT - I found it. www.b-quiet.com

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
45 mils is the specified thickness. From what I've been told by people that have used similar products, there is a significant improvement in heat insulation as well.