Sound of TiAL BOV

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
from what i heard its pretty silent
I went with one like the tial but its a forge bov clone it haves a deep tone to it instead of a hi pitch whistle. the tial is more silent and keeps cops off your back but wont scare any vipers off.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
dcrusupra said:
What does the TiAL BOV sound like on 8-12psi?

when properly used, the tial is nothing more than a PSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH. the problem being that it's a HUGE valve and needs a fairly stiff spring to keep it from being open @ vac. that leads to surge @ such low boost levels.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
As DrJ said, hearing it in person, they simply have a heavy "WHH-PSHHH" sound...

But for some ***strange*** reason, when you listen back over it in a video, it has a weird and very VERY unique..."DOOF" before the whiplash sound.

I love mine. Best BOV I've ever ran. I've got an 11psi spring, will half-ass flutter at 1-2psi, anything after that is very clear. Super responsive, does its job, looks great & has a very intimidating sound. ;)

-Jeff

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
If you're putting a Tial in the supra you must use the stiffest spring they offer (11lb spring) anything less will leak air out of it when not boosting. A healthy supra pulls in 20-25 in/hg at idle and the 11lb. spring is for cars running like +20 in/hg IIRC. ;)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
forcefedsupra said:
To me it sounds a little like eighteen-wheeler bov's, sharp like a whip crack.

Yeah...

No.

No throttle [body], power is controlled by the amount of fuel which is injected...

Which means no Blow-off Valve.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
I don't know EXACTLY what spring I have in my tial, but I make an ass out of you and me to say it's the softest TiAL offers... and I have NO issues at all with it.

No leaking boost, no sucking in vacuum.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I got the 9 PSI spring at the recommendation of HPF. Don't have any results yet as my ic setup is still being built.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Warning: Shameless plug..............:biglaugh:

You can barely hear mine when I do some wimpy burnouts but it's a Tial. I'll check my dyno videos and see if you can hear it there as well.
http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/da89soup/?action=view&current=MOV01251.flv

It sounds soo much better when you're coming off of a good pull. It isn't loud when you're barely getting on it, but it sounds pretty sweet after you've spooled a good bit. Here is one of my dyno videos. You can hear it pretty good in this one. I happen to love the Tial BOV.
http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/da89soup/?action=view&current=MOV01215.flv