some people just dont know

sleepwalker

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego
well this was a waste of a day

it all started like this i was lookin though autotrade.com and found a white supra 92 for 8.000 up in long beach somewhere. at first i thought it was to much but thats ok it come with a warrent so i email the saler askin him this question: turbo? 5 speed? targe top? this is what i got back, yea it turbo, 5 speed and hard top. im like ok 2 out of 3 not bad. so right after work on saterday i left san diego and headed for long beach well i got lost a few time, it was not an easy place to find but i found it. when i saw the car im like yea my new baby daddy here to take u home n take care of u. as im coming up to the car i notice that there was no turbo sign near the rear left bumper. am like someone must have rip it off no problem i just find another one and put it back on everything check out fine the body was in great shape the paint was lovly pearl white :love: the inside was blue when i pop up the hood i notice the 7mge in place of the 7mgte :3d_frown: :3d_frown: the guy that was helpin me was like im so sorry man but we do have other car for sale i just told him no thank and leave on the ride home im was thinkin to myself how can a guy who sale car dont know what he was talkin bout o well i guess i keep on lookin sorry for the long story i just hope no one go though what i went though :cry:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Pearl white manual hardtop for $8k? What a joke. I would have offered him $3k and a square kick in the nuts. It's be a perfect candidate for a clean swap.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Yeah, I agree with everyone on the balls destruction, however, my biggest rant would have been on trying to offer an NA for 8 grand... I would've been like, $800 maybe?

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
Some people just don't know and instead of looking he problably thought all supras are turbo. Between mis-prints and mis-infomation that how the world goes round.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
There will never be one on mine or a wing :evil2: so from the back people will think im n/a but they'll know im turbo when they see my huge frount mount.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
I ran into the same bull with a different twist. I found an Awesome looking 95 Red Supra, so I email Tustin Mitsibishi for some questions answered and the guy e-mails me back saying that car is sold but they have something just LIKE IT LOL. I wrote them back and told them what jerks they were and that I would forever badmouth that dealership for it's dirty tactics. I almost drove up there to Tustin to see it before emailing them. That was three years ago, a year later there was the same ad at traderpubs.com. Last week I looked and there it was again, everyone should e-mail the creeps there and give em heck. I put a link to it so everyone can see the Supra that doesnt exist except to suck some poor individual to the Tustin Mitsubishi dealership.
Geezer
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...1998&start_year=1993&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=44

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
it`s the dealer`s way of getting you in the door. they figure if they can @ least get you in the door, they can send you home in a car. like the adds that are sooo incredible, but in fine print (only 1 available @ this price). bastards!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
There is a fine line between bait and switch and creative advertising, which is legal. Just like a McDonalds sandwich picture.

Crooked salespeople know just how to straddle that line.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Badges, I dont need no stinking badges!

P1010265.JPG

sleepwalker

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego
after all of that i was able to change my wife mind about MKIII supra
after seein the white supra she love it now :love: :biglaugh:

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
i also went through a problem like that back when i got my first car. i found a 95 cavalier z24, so i called about it and the guy was like "yeah its red, 5 speed, low miles blah blah blah." so i go 2 hours to take a look at this car that i was gonna get. it was at a custom paint place so i figured they would know something about cars. sure enough there was a red car there. but it was a 4 door sunfire with an auto in it lol. his excuse was "oh i never said that on that on the phone, that musta been some other car you called about." so i said WTF ever and went back home pissed off.