So I just got my raise at my full time job...

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Fucking raise of 0.15 an hour for being here a year, WTF?! I just recently got my raise at my part time job (used to be my full time) and it was 0.45 :3d_frown: ... I feel like I'm getting the shaft here, that's like only 312.00 extra a year! Whereas if it was the 0.45 it would be almost 1K.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
jesus... that sucks.. at my full time job i get raises like every 3 months.. i started at 9 and im at 11 now after a year and i get 2% comission on everything... (we sell hot tubs and pools, chemicals and pumps and a bunch of shit like that).

yeah find a new job bro... fuck that

edit* oregon also has one of the highest minimum wages. which is currently at 7.80 i think it is?

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I know just how you feel. Two years ago I got a "promotion": New title with roughly 3 times the number of customers to be responsible for, and an expectation to travel MUCH more. Promotional raise? Exactly $0. Because I was "so highly compensated already". I have nothing but loathing for the ass wipe who made that call. :madfawk:

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
yeah man... fight back about that shit. they cant just ass rape you. well they can if you put up with it.

this is why im going to own my own business someday.. so i dont have to take orders from some dick weed who pays me with fucking pennies. but i get decent cash ATM so i cant complain right now.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Ok, imagine you are an employer. Are you going to voluntarily give away more of your own profits? Fuck no. You as an employee have to sell yourself to your boss. Don't ask for a raise, give your boss legitimate reasons why you deserve more compensation now, and if necessary, be prepared to look elsewhere for employment.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
The raises are shit, and my Vice President warned me about it when she hired me, but I do get a quarterly bonus based on my performance (tends to be anywhere from 1/2 a month's pay to 1.5 month's pay (can't say that about my part time job). Plus insurance is good and cheap, not to mention the company matches you up to 4% of your check to go towards your 401K (I take out 5%, so it's actually 9%, BTW I'm 21).

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
ma71supraturbo said:
Ok, imagine you are an employer. Are you going to voluntarily give away more of your own profits? Fuck no. You as an employee have to sell yourself to your boss. Don't ask for a raise, give your boss legitimate reasons why you deserve more compensation now, and if necessary, be prepared to look elsewhere for employment.

Thats all fine and dandy if your boss isn't a pos. I've always had good results with that kind of worth ethic/mentality, but my last boss couldn't give a shit less. If someone didn't like the job and quit, they'd get some other rat-bastard to fill in and the less experiance the better, less money they'd have to pay.

Chico sucks. The cost of living is ridiculous for what this place is, and the pay is well under par.

/rant;)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Damn sorry to hear... I had a similar thing at my last job... they gave me a "promotion" and then compensated me a whole $10 a fking week...

Utterly pathetic when the comapny is making $20mil++++ PROFIT a month...

So i left...

Have pay review for my new job next week... Am hoping for $5/hr more... We'll see how it goes...

Best of luck to you... I would suggest proving yourself to your manager/whoever is in charge of paying you... And if you don't get what you want, look elsewhere...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Be willing to quit and pursue other ventures. It might be scary for awhile, but you may find a place where you can truly use your talents AND make more money.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
MA71,it depends on the employer sometimes. At the time of my "promotion" I had the previous several years of annual review ratings:

2001 Exceeds Expectations
2002 Meets Expectations
2003 Exceeds Expectations
2004 Exceeds Expectations
2005 Exceeds Expectations

You can't blame poor performance for my joke of a promotion, and I had let my direct chain of command know that I was overdue it. It came down to nothing more than a national manager I had met one time and who lived on the West Coast trying to meet his budget and promoting me only because others were pressuring him to do so. He was a prick, he knew it, and he didn't care. He's moved to Europe so life and opportunities are better now, and I am pushing hard for a new position which should land me a nice new salary... Fingers are crossed!

Sometimes your best efforts are unappreciated by a dick in charge, so I can say that I have sympathy for Starscream.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
It's not my Vice President, it's the "company policy" on raises, can't be bypassed. The best thing to do is to move up in the chain of command. US Bancorp has it's ups and downs...

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
i think our raises are about 1.50 on average.
somes more, sometimes less
i think once i got a 3.00 dollar raise, an once got a 1.00 raise...

so go figure

Will