smokes when i decelerat

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
first the only mds to the car are a k&n intake,shimmed wastegate,megan downpipe and catless 3' exhaust.Whats happening is when i'm driving down the road and let the car slow down WITHOUT pushing in the cluch or using the break(car doesn't do it if i press the clutch and or brake ) the car will smoke its whitish in color my first thought was bhg but i change the headgasket when i got the car(titan mhg and arp hardware).I'm not lossing coolent or oil as far as i can tell and the oil looks like it was just poored in and the car is pulling 20 vac anyone got any ideas? maybe the turbo

daddycat31

Nov 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
kinda new to turbo's......when you say turbo seals, you talking about the seals inside the turbo, correct? and if so, does the turbo have to be sent out for rebuild or is it something you can fix yourself???

kamesama980

Cressida guy
Jul 11, 2006
dekalb, IL, USA
Naw, valve stem seals won't usually do this when you let off the gas after accelerating. typically it's just the opposite: hitting the gas after idling but the worlds not perfect. thats blue/grey oil smoke tho not white

turbo coolant seals is my vote

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
ive had the same issue for years....
thought it was the turbo.. so i got a new one. still smoking.
thought it could be a rings, after i replaced the motor, still had the problem.
im almost positive its the turbo seals... and its a common problem with all turbos
good luck

neetriht

Apr 4, 2006
Birmingham
I'd say turbo seals or valve stem seals. Under deceleration you pull more vacuum than under acceleration which if the valve stems are old and or worn out could cause them to leak. And the smoke would be blue if it goes through the combustion chamber, if its going straight to the exhaust it would be white.