Should I switch to DDP?

JohnRardin

JDM 7MGTE
Apr 4, 2006
Radford, VA
I'm currently using a 3" elbow with an HKS DP but the opening on my DP is actually 2.5". Im concidering switching to the DDP but I want to be sure it's worth it. I found a DDP on ebay but its not actually a divorced DP since the wastegate pipe recirculates. The price is right but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Would the money be better invested elsewhere?

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
dp's with an integrated elbow are always said to be better. and since you have the bottle-necked hks dp right now i would think it would be a definite improvement. the whole recirculated part wouldn't be as noisy as the non. plus, if you get the ddp then i can take your 3" elbow off your hands. :biglaugh:

JohnRardin

JDM 7MGTE
Apr 4, 2006
Radford, VA
natedogr;1091237 said:
dp's with an integrated elbow are always said to be better. and since you have the bottle-necked hks dp right now i would think it would be a definite improvement. the whole recirculated part wouldn't be as noisy as the non. plus, if you get the ddp then i can take your 3" elbow off your hands. :biglaugh:

Yea man, you got it. It seems that I can get either DDP or RDP for the same price so I suppose I'll go for the DDP. Would there be any reason to go with the recirculated version?

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
JohnRardin;1091245 said:
Yea man, you got it. It seems that I can get either DDP or RDP for the same price so I suppose I'll go for the DDP. Would there be any reason to go with the recirculated version?

The reason to get a recirculated version is noise. Recirculated is quieter than non, and it's equally powerful.

suprafredde

Apr 21, 2005
South of sweden
I got the recirculated one.
As for performance I couldnt be happier!

But fitment, DP to stock catback was no problems.
But when I installed my Tanabe SHM something was wrong...
The DP was about 30mm to short and the Tanabe was hitting the sharp turn at the diff.

The Dp was so well tucked up to the floor that I had to move the speedo cable.

Well worth the money but beware that it may not fit 100% out of the box.

suprafredde

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
I have a BIC Re-Routed DDP. I LOVE IT! :love: fitment is great, and the turbo spools faster. I couldn't be any happier unless I had an EBC. I sometimes hit fuel/boost cut :( I have all the additional add-ons on my DDP.

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
like emilio said, the recirculated isn't nearly as loud so that would be a reason to get one. unless you liked how loud the open one is.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I personally went from the HKS DP to a rerouted DDP and I felt a noticeable difference. I would do it again given the same situation.

suprafredde;1091703 said:
I got the recirculated one.
As for performance I couldnt be happier!

But fitment, DP to stock catback was no problems.
But when I installed my Tanabe SHM something was wrong...
The DP was about 30mm to short and the Tanabe was hitting the sharp turn at the diff.

The Dp was so well tucked up to the floor that I had to move the speedo cable.

Well worth the money but beware that it may not fit 100% out of the box.

suprafredde

If I recall correctly, the Tanabe exhaust is the one that is the wrong length for non-california cars. Or something like that... it's a different length for some reason or other.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Im not sure what kind of DP I have but it connects directly to my Blitz Nur Spec exhaust. Not even a space for a cat or test pipe. It has a flex section and the opening is 3".Im just guessing it's a Blitz DP. Works perfectly with my lipp elbow. It also bolted to the stock elbow quite well even with a 3" inlet.

suprafredde

Apr 21, 2005
South of sweden

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Here's a short little in-car video. I didn't take it all the way to redline. I think I was shifting @ around 5500.
Exhaust Mods: BIC Re-Routed DDP, 935 MS Exhaust Piping, Megan M-GT Muffler.
It honestly sounds the same when i had the stock elbow/HKS DP on, just a tad louder. I don't like how loud and open wastegate sounds. I'm going to replace the exhaust with something a little bit quieter though.

_