Should I buy it?

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
So I came across a 91 Supra Turbo....I stopped and was just going to talk to the guy about it...turns out, has some kind of slight electrical problem... want's to sell it...It's a targa top, bright red, pretty much stock accept for some crazy ass 5" tall CD player. He said $500. He said that it runs, but hasn't been drivin for about a year...Its quarter panels are a little dinged up but nothing I cant fix on the count of I do body work...

I'm pretty sure i'm going to buy it because even if it doesn't run..
I've been wanting to get the 89+ Tails, Front Bumper and Wing...so..I figured buying all those pieces online plus S&H would probably equal up to 500 or so...

Basically I just wanted to get your thoughts...Thank ya:icon_bigg

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
jspec7m88
You know I have been thinking about it for you, and mabey if I were you I would have one of us call the guy that is selling this $500 turbo and talk to him so we can give you a better informed answer I would be willing to do this for you. Just post up his phone and address.

Oh do any of you guys have any idea how much it would cost to ship a supra from shelbyville IN to Fargo ND.
Just wondering

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
da89soup said:
jspec7m88
You know I have been thinking about it for you, and mabey if I were you I would have one of us call the guy that is selling this $500 turbo and talk to him so we can give you a better informed answer I would be willing to do this for you. Just post up his phone and address.

Oh do any of you guys have any idea how much it would cost to ship a supra from shelbyville IN to Fargo ND.
Just wondering

Lol.

Jspec, scoop that freakin thing up. This should not even be in doubt. Buy it and fix it, buy it and part it out, or buy it and have a parts car. Many, many choices you can go with. Each one of them has their own advantages.

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
I'll take the drivers side door trim if you part it out. And any of the front end stuff that you don't need (or trade you another color for the red front end). Gotta fix up this red 92 I just bought.

Glen

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
wow...nice feedback...but i guess it's what i was expecting, heh. Anyways, I just might think about parting it out...Like I said, the body is sort of rough, but nothing that cant' be fixed...For the interior, I was too excited about the car itself that I forgot to really pay attention to the interior, but now that I think about it, i think it was grey:) As for the driver side door trim...no use for me because i've already shaved the holes in and repainted the ones on my car...I think the trim all the way around the car is in good shape. Well, let me think about it. It's DEFINATELY mine:icon_surp ...and as for parting it out fresh...i'll be sure to keep you guys updated. You guys helped me...now maybe I can help out some of you!:icon_razz

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
dsmlaserawd92 said:
yeah the interoir was all torn up and Jeff you can help me out by sailin me the shell.

No. The seats are starting to tear, but no where near as bad as most Supra's do. Interior is in fantastic shape for its' age.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
If it's all grey and you decide to part, I'll stand in line at whatever place I'm at for the door panels...I'll also snag the fan shroud, window switches, e-brake handle, lock bezels, lock knobs (behind the bezels, next to the switch), and the dash if there's no cracking. If the brake rotors are in good shape I'll take those too. If the carpet's in good shape you might as well add that to the list...well why don't you just mark me down for the whole damn interior ahead of the front seats :biglaugh:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
OMG... R U serious? Give me the guys number and I'll go pick it up tonight. Let me know if you don't buy it. U better hope I don't find that guy, thats all I got to say. :icon_bigg

*edit*
If it runs, I'll take the motor/ecu/bodyharness/everything under the hood.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
haha...It's funny, I was with a buddy out of town and saw a red MKIII just sittin in front of somebodys mobile home and we thought i'd stop and see whats up and talk about the Supras...turns out, he's been wanting to sell it just because he doesn't drive it anymore.

Matt...KEEP YOUR ASS AWAY FROM GREENWOOD-OOPS. I already gave too much lol. I'm gonna go to G-Wood tonight to find Matt walkin down the sides of the streets by every Mobile Home there is:biglaugh: You'll never find it:evil2: Well i'll let you guys know what I decide to do with it...but from the looks of it, I juuuust might be parting it out. I'll keep ya updated.