Shaky Speedometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Hi Guy,

My damn speedometer keeps shaking and I've searched around but can't seem to find anything about how to fix it. I've talked to a couple friends and they've said it probably just needs tightening.

Anyone know which part of the cable would need tightening? And which cable for that matter? Would I have to remove my dash?...Cause I haven't done that before...

Thanks In Advance :icon_razz

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Mine did that, plus it would squeal...LOUDLY...I just disconnected the long speedo cable section from the short section coming from the trans...then fastened it to the opened hood...cut a hole in the corner of a plastic sandwich bag, wrapped a rubber band around it to seal it up, filled up with 10W-40 M1 oil, let it sit overnight, and now my problem has been gone for over a year!!

Whew!

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Oh man, so it's not loose and just needs oil...sweet!

So the part that needs the oil is the piece that connects to the transmission side of the cable? How large of a section needs to be oiled exatly? I know it may be a lot to ask, but if anyones got any pictures that they could post, it would be awesome. I'm having a hard time visualizing exactly what needs to be done.

Thaks again guys, I knew you guys could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.