Secrets to becoming a mod, revealed!

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Well i found the secret now. Give up mods, i know what you guys are doing. All they do is magicallly implant cursors over their screennames on our monitors and appear to be mods. FOR SHAME!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

:biglaugh:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I move the cursor over my name all the time, just so I can feel important. It makes me happy!!!!:icon_bigg

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
da89soup said:
I move the cursor over my name all the time, just so I can feel important. It makes me happy!!!!:icon_bigg
:rofl: guys i have to tell you, i went off my comp for a few seconds and looked under my screen name and i was liek WHAT? and then i moved my mouse and i figured out why :rofl: im waay too tired. off to bed now.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
chances are that if you ask to be a mod, you're never going to get to be one... moderators are elected.

-shaeff

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
It took me a long time to become a mod, and then when I did it was only the Kill Section. Now I also mod OT with some other people, but it was hard work to become a mod :runaway:

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Repost!
Just kidding, but this may be of interest, if you care to read it.
Things may have changed though.
"whats it take to moderate"
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1748

At that time, esc, streetknight, & I were mods.

Loki
Then there was a thread where esc got upset because one more person made fun of his wing, so he said he was leaving.
I tried to talk him out of that, but he made up his mind already.
So I said, "Onwards, Loki should take his spot."
No reason to not take Loki on, so he was modded.

Shaeff
TONY! said:
Sheaff is one with an awesome attitude!
I had the pleasure of chatting with him a couple of times so far.

He IS a mod for the right reasons!...

Then he became promoted to Supermod a while later (maybe with the help of my thread, or maybe not...)

Slow66
TONY! said:
I recently had an AIM convo with Bryan (slow66) and somehow modding came in the discussion.
He mentioned that he would not mind being a mod of just the racing section here on SM.
He has already expressed that he would like to mod it.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=188312&postcount=10
Slow66 said:
Id be interested in a drag specific secton...

Hell, id even moderate it ;) :D
I guess he just did not want to sound too pushy.

I got to meet him in person (actually he is the first person I met in the community) and he a great guy and offered me lots of helpful information.
He is also the most helpful person in the AIM chatroom.
He is about helping first then entertainment, even in the chatroom--and to anyone that has a question.
Demonstrated that is is very level headed.
Pretty social fellow.
Has great posting habits (always very informative and helpful and never a post whore nor a trouble maker).
He is on the forum enough.

Not only is he the ideal type of member, but IS the man in MKIII drag racing.

If getting smarter people on this forum or making them more active is a goal you have, then this is a good move to have him join the mod team.

Hoping you agree with me,
T!

The guys that I suggested proved to be great, because I know who is who and what is what. :p