Safe to drive like this?

Ok, here's my situation. The car drives fine, no excessive noise from the turbos or anything. If I drive calmly absolutely everything is fine. If I drive it hard, most of the time at an idle only, the thing will spew blue smoke like a chimney. I would assume from what I've read that the twins are going, someone correct me if I'm wrong. My question is, is it safe to drive it like this? Will I hurt the motor in any way? I do plan on going single, just don't have the money for it right now. I am keeping an eye on my oil level to make sure it doesn't get low. Any info is appreciated. I have another car I drive half the time, so letting it sit would be fine, but I love the thing so damn much hehe.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I would let it sit so u don't mess anything up any more than what it already is... if you know you are going SINGLE give your self a big push by letting her sit and have the twins & manifolds already taken off so you have to swap in the single and be done with it :)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
mine smoke SOOOO bad at idle. i still drive mine. well not since the ECU crapped out again. i ran mine at the track smoking like that and raced it every week around town. no noise just smoke. i still went 13.7 @102 on 11.7 psi!

but im going single now haha

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
IDK if it's your turbos. All of my blown turbos smoked at idle regardless of how you drive. If you let the car idle, they smoke.

Valve seals maybe?