Round 3 on my website ;)

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Looks good, but, you might want to think about bumping the font size up a little (and make the font the same all round), and changing the gifs - you can see on the ones on the right, that they're designed for a white background.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
^^What he said. Right now I'm thinking it looks a lil cramped... lil hard on your eyes you know. But that might just be the different fonts.

Header looks really good tho I would add some more space between the menu and the first sentence of every 'page'. It just seems too close to the orange line under the menu... I hope that made sense...

Otherwise, very nice!

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
"For those that want to get their game on, Vortex Computer Systems has the perfect system for you."

yeahh i enjoyed the wording here! very hip!

but naw, jokes aside, looks like its off to a good start.. the menu system is very nice (tabs with tweened highlighted rollover functionality)

just work on bumping up those font sizes! and get rid of that serif typeface!! die times new roman die! if you know photoshop, you can feather the selection around the objects in the images 1px or so and delete the white around them.

i would also link the logo/header up top to the main site, even though you have a tab labaled 'main' for added ease of use when navigating from another section of the site.

good luck man

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
rofl

BlackSS:
What you be talking bout Willis?

;)

Everyone else:
It's all still very much a WIP. Appreciate the information - I'll hop on some of that tonight ;)

Also, feel free to try out the 'Contact Us Now' part - I want to make sure it's working lol.

You should get a basic Error if you don't fill out the email address, or actually do any comments.

BlackSS

Nov 19, 2007
FL
Doward;1220066 said:
rofl

BlackSS:
What you be talking bout Willis?

;)

Everyone else:
It's all still very much a WIP. Appreciate the information - I'll hop on some of that tonight ;)

Also, feel free to try out the 'Contact Us Now' part - I want to make sure it's working lol.

You should get a basic Error if you don't fill out the email address, or actually do any comments.

You have been contacted.

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
it looks good. the pictures on the homepage do need a little work though.. like the rough white edges and maybe need to be brightened a little. maybe you should also enlarge the font a couple points

btw i sent you a "contact us" email

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
hahaha honestly i was just looking for something i could incorporate the word bored into that was applicable to the discussion.:D

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Appreciate it.

Found out what happened with all my styles - when I moved all the frame data sheets to a 'framedata' form, I forgot to update all the htm files with the location of the css sheet :doh:

Text is all proper now ;) working on the pics next :D

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Doward;1221048 said:
My beef with tables vs frames simply comes down to me wanting my menus to stay put, while the information is scrollable ;)

If you know of a way outside of frames to do that, I'm all ears :D

I'm using tables and frames currently :)

I think you should be able to do that with DIVs and CSS. I believe there is a scrollable attribute or something. It's been a while since I've messed with CSS. I avoid frames at all costs.