I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Best wishes,

ra24man

Dec 11, 2006
Vantucky, WA
GC89;974057 said:
signature # 1183 here, any ideas of how many signatures are needed to get this on a ballot?
Well...first it has to become an official petition to the state...like those ones people have out in front of grocery stores? All this can be used for is to promote interest in getting a petition started. It's a great idea...one that has been kicking around for years...but it puts red light cameras at risk of extinction...the state won't do that unless they get pushed hard by the people...legally

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Ya I thought of that after I signed it, spokane is supossed to get a bunch of red light cameras soon so I dont think the law is going anywhere. Does anyone know what the law is on altering your front plate? I havent found anything.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I know a few guys that are cops too but none are traffic, so I wasnt sure if they would know all the rules. I figured it would be ok if you trimed the top and bottom a little as long as you didnt remove anything but blank area. I would really love to be able to trim it down to just the plate number but I am doubtful this is legal. My guess is that it will have to still say washington on it, Im not really sure about trimming "the evergreen state" off the bottom of the state though.

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
GC89;998080 said:
I know a few guys that are cops too but none are traffic, so I wasnt sure if they would know all the rules. I figured it would be ok if you trimed the top and bottom a little as long as you didnt remove anything but blank area. I would really love to be able to trim it down to just the plate number but I am doubtful this is legal. My guess is that it will have to still say washington on it, Im not really sure about trimming "the evergreen state" off the bottom of the state though.

That's why my response said "bend", and not trim. If you trim it, although you own the plate, you might get in trouble for destruction of federal property. I'm not entirely certain on that yet, so I'll get back to you as soon as I get pulled over ;)

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
That was my plan as well. My car should be done this weekend, maybe Ill have to open it up and go trollin for cops so they can answer my question.:sarcasm: