Rebuilding my head

alucardunit1

Apr 5, 2011
Lee's Summit
I have a 87 head on a 89 block. i know that pro makes no difference but just to get it out there if it is needed.

I am buying new BC valves and i have the springs and retainers in where should i get the valve "keepers"?

BTW i am new to teh tuner world so i have no clue what these are or even if i need to replace. if you know where to order them let me know. and any other tips you have if you dont mind dropping them it will be greatly appreciated. :icon_bigg

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
alucardunit1;1768223 said:
I have a 87 head on a 89 block. i know that pro makes no difference but just to get it out there if it is needed.

I am buying new BC valves and i have the springs and retainers in where should i get the valve "keepers"?

BTW i am new to teh tuner world so i have no clue what these are or even if i need to replace. if you know where to order them let me know. and any other tips you have if you dont mind dropping them it will be greatly appreciated. :icon_bigg
On my build, I told the engine builder what I was planning on using the engine for, Club road racing, with consistent RPM above 3000 RPMs. Bryan went ahead and ordered stock retainers, as the head was using the stock valve train.
Bryan (owner of M&B Cylinder Heads) recommended that when I upgrade the valve train, to get a kit from a brand name manufacturer, to ensure everything is working well together, :icon_bigg as designed. HTH Van

alucardunit1

Apr 5, 2011
Lee's Summit
Yeah but I cant find any kits i have been on google for like 5 hours looking for BC kits. and nothing i have found is really what i was looking for nor can i find any thing along the lines of what i need where did you get your parts just from the shop.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
alucardunit1;1768348 said:
Yeah but I cant find any kits i have been on google for like 5 hours looking for BC kits. and nothing i have found is really what i was looking for nor can i find any thing along the lines of what i need where did you get your parts just from the shop.
I'm still running stock valva train. I did purchase a lot of my parts from the usual Supramania vendors: SIP racing and Driftmotion, and Toyota.
Van

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I have seen no problem with stock keepers with stock valves. If you plan on getting new valves, call BC. I once needed a valve for a 1JZ head BEFORE they started to sell them and they actually said they would make a custom order since it is similar to the 2JZ valve.

Give BC and Ferrera a call. I know BC has a stainless steel valve kit.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I think I read just recently that ferrea makes keepers// locks, and they claim you should use them specifically with their valves.