Problem @ the Apartment

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
OK, I signed a year long lease this January, and well I found my cat in a warehouse and took it in to save its life... now I love the cat a lot and he's awesome... but my apartment doesn't allow pets. He's not damaging the apartment or anything, but I got a note from my landlord about having a cat and how the carpet looks horrible.... but thats just ridiculous. The lease I signed was for another year ( Which is fucked up, I thought after the first year they go month to month ect... ), so I signed it because well I didn't want to go through the trouble of moving....

Anyway, he left me a note earlier about a plumber needing to come over and check for leaks a few days ago, but it said I'd have to call to have the time and day arranged... which I didn't do yet... but a couple of days ago I found everything in my bathroom all out of place, so obviously the plumber and maybe my manager came in with out my permission. Which in WI, should be illegal.

So questions:

What are my options with the lease, anyway out of it?

Could I use him entering with out permission against him?

ECT..

Oh and I'm not getting rid of my cat!
p642009_1.jpg

p642009_2.jpg

Advice please!

Thanks

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
Technically you are breaking the lease, and in terms of against the law, it depends on exactly what grounds your lease is written... your landlord may have complete right to enter your apartment whenever he pleases. I know where I live, not such a big deal, but they regulate everything outside of my house... I just got a letter the other day requiring my firewood to be moved (a fucking ton of it), that i need to power wash my house, that I need to do this that and the other....

all depends on your lease, if you signed it for no animals, then that is the rule in which you must follow. Not to sound like a dick, but simply they do that because 1, if you have a pet at most apartment locations they must fit weight requirements and cost more due to possible damage (think about carpet stains, ect ect ect). anyway, I would talk to your landlord face to face, see what can be done

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Move to a place that allows pets if you must keep the pussy :dunno:
What does the landlord want to do about it charge you more keep your desposit ? void the lease agreement after all you did sign a legaly binding piece of paper that said you wont have any pets.

They have a right to search your apartment but should give you a 24hr notice but most people notice the cats because they crawl around the blinds and meow when by themselves bored.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I'll probably just end up moving... my landlords an robot. I introduced my girlfriend to him once while he was in my apartment:
"this is my girlfriend rachel"

his response "oh, thats ok"

well no shit its ok if my girlfriends over .... fucking robot!

Anyway, I could find some cheaper rent anyway.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
what you did was a very noble thing as far as saving the cats life.
BUT the manager said no pets,and there you are.
figure out a way out of the lease so you can move somewhere else.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
So... They tell you you can't have pets and you keep the cat anyway? Then get upset because you believe they did something against the rules/law?

I'm confused. Help me here...

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
OneJoeZee said:
So... They tell you you can't have pets and you keep the cat anyway? Then get upset because you believe they did something against the rules/law?

God damn Joe... I'm sorry Mr. Perfect... whats with you? Did I ever say anything about thinking I was doing nothing wrong? Honestly I could give a shit less.... this wasn't even the topic? Did I ask , what am I doing wrong??!? I'm asking what my options are besides get rid of the cat, and your waste of space comment is pointless. You need to get a life.

Last edited:

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
annoyingrob said:
What's the cat's name?

Skids, I chased him around my warehouse job a few months ago for a few days before I caught him, we was just a kitten. I caught him under some pallets/skids... which is where his name comes from.

As for saving cats, actually, to be honest, this last week I took in my moms cat too. My mom was going to put her down because she bit her ( even though my mom provoked her )... which I didn't want. So I have ANOTHER cat here.. but I'm trying my best to find a home for her.. but I've had no luck. Looking for shelters too but they are all full... and I can't give her to out of county places.

oh and here's my kitties myspace which my gf made ( has his story ) :

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=179203784

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I have two cats as well, and *of course* pets aren't allowed in our apartment, according to the lease agreement... But we've had them for the entire 4 years we've lived here, and the landlady still doesn't know about them...So it isn't really a big deal...in fact she is WAY more upset about the fact that I work on our three cars in our carport. She's threatened me and everything else, but I don't have any choice.

But I would be VERY pissed if anyone had come into my apartment without my consent...According to the federal housing statutes, your landlord can't come into your house or apartment without prior consent, unless there is a true emergency, like a fire or flood. And for making repairs, or showing your apartment to a possible tenant, they MUST give you advance notice.

Here's a link that should help you a bit:

http://realestate.findlaw.com/tenant/

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
I have 2 lovely cats...

Misty - 1 year old female who I took from my friend since she had 2 and I wanted one

Rain - 2 Year old male (both cats are short hair) who I just recently picked up for Misty to have a friend.

sorry to jump off topic

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
SupraOfDoom said:
God damn Joe... I'm sorry Mr. Perfect... whats with you? Did I ever say anything about thinking I was doing nothing wrong? Honestly I could give a shit less.... this wasn't even the topic? Did I ask , what am I doing wrong??!? I'm asking what my options are besides get rid of the cat, and your waste of space comment is pointless. You need to get a life.

Why are you getting pissed at me? What are you doing wrong? The building policy says you can't even have cats but you did it anyway.

Two wrongs don't make a right. You're keeping pets when you're not supposed to, they supposedly came in your place when they shouldn't have.

If you want them to respect the rules, you should too. Project your anger elsewhere. I'm not the one who came into your apartment without permission.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
OneJoeZee said:
Why are you getting pissed at me? What are you doing wrong? The building policy says you can't even have cats but you did it anyway.

Two wrongs don't make a right. You're keeping pets when you're not supposed to, they supposedly came in your place when they shouldn't have.

If you want them to respect the rules, you should too. Project your anger elsewhere. I'm not the one who came into your apartment without permission.
Maybe you didn't understand the first time, but I already knew this long before I posted my first post... does it seem like I care about the rules I'm breaking? All I'm saying is stop being capitin obvious... It's one thing to be like, well maybe you shouldn't have the cat or find a home for it, but your just posting nothing useful ( as always ).

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
SupraOfDoom said:
Maybe you didn't understand the first time, but I already knew this long before I posted my first post... does it seem like I care about the rules I'm breaking? All I'm saying is stop being capitin obvious... It's one thing to be like, well maybe you shouldn't have the cat or find a home for it, but your just posting nothing useful ( as always ).

Well why don't you go look up exactly what your lease says about the landlord entering your place for any reason? Your first post says it should be illegal but you're not sure? Find out.

Either way, rules say you can't have a cat. Get rid of the cat, or move.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
OneJoeZee said:

It is one thing to break the rules and another thing to break the law...big difference.