power steering cooler question

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
is there anyway to remove the old 7m ps cooler and put in the 1jz power steering cooler without removing the front bumper? i've attempted to do so but with no success. i was wonder if maybe there is a technique out there that i havent tried as yet? just thought i'd ask before i starting taking off the bumper.

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
I just bent mine since i wasn't going to use it anymore, and pulled it out from the bottom of the front bumper.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
try unbolting the brackets holding the lines and, depending on your year of car, take off the cooler itself. ive never removed my bumper for anything heh... but it might help with fitment on a new cooler

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
my car is a 89. i ill try bending it to get the old one out but i dont want to bend the 1j power steering cooler...

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
#1StunnaVic;946181 said:
my car is a 89. i ill try bending it to get the old one out but i dont want to bend the 1j power steering cooler...

then yours is the same as mine, its just a line that bolts to the chassis by brackets and a pipe that loops around to the front.

if the cooler is by itself then just stick it somewhere in the front and run your own lines to it or cough up the 20$ at a local parts store and buy another cooler to mount there.. theres plenty of room and its low cost/easy to do

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
the stock 7m ps cooler enter's and return's on the same side.this set-up is like that because the pump is on the opposite side (passenger side)from the steering rack.the 1jz ps pump is on the driver's side with the connection's for the rack.the 1jz's ps cooler enter's and exit's at each end.you can use the stock 7m return line that goes along the steering rack and connect's to the resivour.all you do is connect the rubber hose off it to the 1jz ps cooler on the passenger side.then you connect the other side of the 1jz ps cooler on the driver's side to the return on the 1jz ps resivour.harder to explain then it is to actually do.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
yup basically thats the reason y, but im still trying to figure out how to take that out and put the 1j one in without removing the bumper. i think i might just bend up some fuel line and make some fittings on the end of each side and run that for now until it warms up.